Occupancy tax collection and remittance by Airbnb in Portugal
Guests who book Airbnb listings that are located in Lisbon, Portugal will pay the following taxes as part of their reservation:
- Tourist Tax: 2.00 € per person per night, up to a maximum of 14.00 € per person for reservations in Lisbon, Portugal. For detailed information, please visit the City of Lisbon website.
Guests who book Airbnb listings that are located in Porto, Portugal will pay the following tax and fees as part of their reservation:
- Tourist Tax: 2.00 € per person per night, up to a maximum of 7 nights for reservations in Porto, Portugal. For detailed information, please visit the City of Porto website.
Find out more about how occupancy tax collection and remittance by Airbnb works.
Note: Hosts located in these areas are responsible for assessing all other tax obligations, including state and city jurisdictions. Hosts with listings in these areas should also review their agreement with Airbnb under the Terms of Service and familiarize themselves with the Occupancy Tax provisions which allow us to collect and remit taxes on their behalf and explains how the process works. Under those provisions, hosts instruct and authorize Airbnb to collect and remit Occupancy Taxes on their behalf in jurisdictions where Airbnb decides to facilitate such collection. If a host believes applicable laws exempt the host from collecting a tax that Airbnb collects and remits on the host's behalf, the host has agreed that, by accepting the reservation, the host is waiving that exemption. If a host does not want to waive an exemption the host believes exists, the host should not accept the reservation.
- Experience HostIf you're thinking about becoming an Airbnb Experience Host, here's some information to help you understand the laws in your city.
- HostWe automatically collect and pay occupancy taxes on behalf of hosts whenever a guest pays for a booking in specific jurisdictions.
- HostIf you’ve provided your business tax ID and relevant tourist tax registration info, you may be eligible to collect taxes directly from guest…