How do I pre-approve a guest?
When you send a pre-approval, you’re giving the guest 24 hours to confirm a reservation without requiring any further action from you.
You should only send a pre-approval if you’re ready to confirm a reservation. If the guest books your space within 24 hours, the reservation will be confirmed automatically.
How it works
To pre-approve a guest:
- Go to your Inbox
- Open your message thread with the guest
- Click Pre-approve
- If you pre-approve multiple guests for the same dates, let each guest know that there are other people interested in booking
There are a few things to know about pre-approvals:
- Your listing’s calendar is still marked as available when you pre-approve a guest.
- You can offer multiple guests a pre-approval for the same dates. Once the space is filled, other guests will be automatically notified.
- Guests have 24 hours to accept your pre-approval before it expires.
- Once a pre-approval expires, the guest will need to send another inquiry or request in order to book. The new inquiry or request will still reflect the price from the original pre-approval. You have to retract your original pre-approval for new prices to be reflected.
- Pre-approvals do not override your reservation requirements.
- Pre-approvals can only be sent for the date range of the guest's inquiry.
- Pre-approval and special offer reservations won't apply for promotions.
Removing a pre-approval
If a guest hasn’t accepted a pre-approval and your situation has changed, you can remove a pre-approval.
To remove a pre-approval:
- Go to your Inbox
- Open the message thread with the guest
- Click Withdraw pre-approval
Why can’t I send a pre-approval?
If you don't see the option to pre-approve a guest, it means that your calendar is blocked for some or all of the guest’s reservation dates.
To send a pre-approval, edit your calendar to reflect that your listing is available.