If something goes wrong during your stay
Message your Host
If an issue comes up, try talking to your Host first. You can message your Host directly from your inbox to let them know what’s going on.
If you need to request a full or partial refund because of the issue, there's a higher chance your Host will accept your request if you can agree on an amount first.
Send a refund request
Here’s how to prepare:
- Gather evidence: If possible, take photos or video to document issues like a missing or broken amenity.
- Submit your request: You’ll describe the issue, provide photos or video if you can, and let the Host know how you’d like to resolve the issue.
- Wait for a response: If your Host declines or doesn’t respond, you can ask Airbnb to step in to help. Airbnb will refer to the Rebooking and Refund Policy to determine what help we can provide.
Though we always want Hosts and guests to work things out directly if they can, we know it’s not always possible. If an issue comes up that you’re not able to resolve with your Host (or your Host declines or doesn’t respond to your refund request), let us know and someone from our team will step in to help.
If we find the issue is protected by AirCover, we’ll get you a full or partial refund, or depending on the circumstances, find you a similar or better place to stay.
Remember that you have 72 hours to report any issue to us from the time of discovery.
Note: In an emergency situation, or if your personal safety is threatened, contact local police or emergency services immediately. If you're unfamiliar with local emergency services' phone numbers, you can find them in the Airbnb app. For any other safety issues, you can always reach us through our dedicated 24-Hour Safety Line. Read more about options to contact us in our Help Centre.
- How-to•GuestHow to read and send messagesYou must be logged in to your Airbnb account to read or send messages. You can click or tap on a message thread to read existing messages or…
- How-to•GuestCancelling during your stayOur Rebooking and Refund Policy can help cover situations when the listing or amenities are not what you expected.
- How-to•GuestHow the Resolution Centre helps youThe Resolution Centre lets you request or send money for things related to your Airbnb trip. Guests and Hosts can ask Airbnb for help in rea…