Cancellation options due to COVID-19
Reservations made on or before March 14, 2020
If your reservation was made on or before March 14, 2020 and COVID-19 affects your travel plans, you can find out what your current cancellation and refund options are by going to cancel your reservation and choosing My travel plans have changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Depending on your circumstances, you may see one or more of the following options:
- A refund according to your Host’s cancellation policy
- A full cash refund after submitting official documentation for review
- An extenuating circumstances travel credit
- Ask your Host for a full refund
Reservations made after March 14, 2020
If your reservation was made after March 14, 2020 and COVID-19 affects your travel plans, your Host’s cancellation policy will apply. However, if you’re sick due to COVID-19, this is covered under our standard Extenuating Circumstances Policy.
If your reservation doesn’t qualify for a full refund, you can always message your Host to find out if they’re willing to give you an additional refund through the Resolution Centre.
- How-to•GuestWhen you’ll get your refundWhile they are issued almost immediately, most refunds arrive within 10 days, but for some payment methods and regions, it might take longer…
- How-to•HostRefund your guestHow you refund a guest depends on whether it’s before or after their trip.
- Community policy•GuestExtenuating Circumstances Policy and the coronavirus (COVID-19)Find details of the coverage for COVID-19 under our extenuating circumstances policy.