Who doesn’t like arriving to a clean and tidy space? A cleaning fee is a one-off charge for cleaning the space you stay in and is set by the Host. It’s an extra amount on top of the nightly rate when you book a listing. This fee covers the extra expenses Hosts incur when getting their place ready for guests to arrive or after they leave.
Things to know about cleaning fees
- In the listing search results, you'll notice a nightly rate that includes the cleaning fee divided by the total number of nights of the trip. When you make a trip request, the nightly rate and the cleaning fee will be listed separately in the price breakdown.
- The cleaning fee is part of the booking total and is not returned to guests at the end of the trip.
Did this article help?
- HostAdding cleaning feesCleaning fees help Hosts account for extra expenses they have getting their listing ready before guests arrive or after guests depart.
- HostAdding a cleaning fee to a confirmed reservationYou’ll need your guest's approval to add a cleaning fee to a confirmed reservation or an active trip.
- GuestAirbnb service feesTo help Airbnb run smoothly and to cover the costs of the products and services we provide, we charge a service fee when a booking is confir…