Confirming your listing address
Listing a new place? You might be required to confirm your listing’s address. There are four ways to do this—we’ll let you know which methods are available for you when we ask you to confirm.
Method 1: Share your device location
Enable sharing of your exact GPS location from your mobile device. If your device’s GPS location is close enough to your listing’s location, your listing address will be confirmed.
Method 2: Upload a listing photo
Upload a photo that was taken at your listing. If the photo was taken in or at the listing, your location will be verified.
Method 3: Documentation
You’ll take a photo of a qualifying document or upload one you have on file. The image or file must include the entire page—a partial page won’t do. A qualifying document is one that:
- Officially connects you to the listing address, such as a utility bill, mortgage statement, lease agreement, property tax document, or HOA membership
- Clearly displays the full, correct listing address
- Hasn’t been altered in any way
- Is less than 2 years old
- Is a .png, .jpg, .jpeg, or .pdf file that’s less than 3MB
We’ll review the document and let you know whether we can confirm the address in 1–2 days, typically. If your document is unable to be confirmed, you can try again up to 5 times.
Method 4: Security code
We’ll mail you a letter containing a unique security code that you’ll need to enter online at the provided URL within 60 days. After that, you’ll find out if you’re confirmed within minutes.
To qualify for this method:
- Your listing must accept mail from an official postal service, not just a package carrier
- You must be able to pick up the mail within 60 days
This letter can only be sent to the listing address and usually arrives within 2 weeks—if you haven’t received the letter by then, you can request another one.
If you have any issues with the code, check that you’ve entered it correctly and that your letter is fewer than 60 days old. If you have multiple listings that need confirmation, make sure that you’re entering the right code for the right listing. (The name is at the top of your letter.)
Note: You must be logged in to enter your security code. If you’re unable to pick up your mail, a property manager or another authorized person may do so for you and provide you with the URL and code on the letter. We strongly discourage sharing your password.
- HostEdit your listing addressFind out when and how you can edit your listing's address.
- HostCustomize your map locationGuests with confirmed reservations will have your listing’s exact location and address. You can choose to show potential guests the general …
- HostConcerns about your reservation’s locationHaving second thoughts about the location of your reservation? Read everything the Host has posted in their listing description or contact y…