Host Discount Policy
Host Discount Policy
These terms and conditions apply to Hosts who offer discounts on the price of their Listing(s) Host Discount Policy and apply in addition to Airbnb’s Terms of Service Airbnb Terms. All capitalized terms shall have the meaning set forth in the Airbnb Terms or Payments Terms unless otherwise defined in this Host Discount Policy.
By using the Airbnb Platform as a Host, you are indicating that you have read and that you understand and agree to be bound by this Host Discount Policy.
We want to ensure that discounts merchandised on Airbnb represent a price that’s lower than usual. To do this, Hosts are required to offer a true discount—that means a listing’s discounted price is lower than its typical price for that specific date.
- You, as the Host, are solely responsible for setting prices, offering discounts and ensuring any price discounts you offer comply with applicable laws and regulations, particularly those on setting prices and offering discounts, such as the UK's "CTSI Guidance for traders on pricing practices" and the relevant sections of the "UK Code of Non-Broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing." Airbnb merely provides optional tools to enable you to offer discounts.
- If you decide to offer a discount on your nightly rate (excluding cleaning and service fees), discount styling will appear on your Listing(s) to promote your offer to guests. Such discount styling may differ, depending on local rules in your location.
- You are responsible for ensuring that any discounts you offer are genuine and not misleading. In addition to complying with all requirements under applicable laws and regulations, this means:
- The price you set before your discount is applied is the actual price guests would pay for your Listing on the same date, before the discount was offered.
- The price you set must not be false; it must not be created or adjusted to present the appearance of a discount and it must represent a genuine selling price.
- Your discount price must not be misleading or unfair to the guest; it must make a fair comparison to the price you set before discounts and it must be a temporary discount.
- After a discount expires, any special merchandising or discount styling displayed on your listing on Airbnb will cease.
- Airbnb reserves the right to conduct spot checks or audits, and to remove any discount merchandising, restrict your ability to add discounts or suspend or remove you or your Listing(s) from the Airbnb Platform if you violate this Host Discount Policy or applicable law.
- Airbnb reserves the right to modify or terminate this Host Discount Policy, at any time, in its sole discretion. If Airbnb modifies this Host Discount Policy, we will post the modification on the Airbnb Platform or provide you with notice of the modification.
- HostChange or withdraw a special offerYou can make changes to or withdraw a special offer as long as a guest hasn't accepted it.
- How do I add or remove a group discount to my Airbnb Experience?You can add or remove a group discount from your pricing settings page, starting at 2 guests.
- HostWeekly and monthly discountsIf you want to charge less for longer stays, you can set a weekly and/or monthly discount.