What’s expected of guests
We expect our guests to uphold certain standards and be considerate and respectful of their Hosts, Hosts’ neighbours, and any other community members they may meet.
What we don’t allow
- Disrespecting surrounding communities: During their stay or Experience, guests must respect the surrounding community and its rules. This includes but is not limited to: designated quiet hours, parking locations and hours, number of cars allowed, and proper disposal of garbage and debris in designated areas.
- Disrespecting the reservation agreement: Guests must abide by the standards set by Hosts for each reservation as long as the standards are not inconsistent with Airbnb policies. This includes but is not limited to: check-in and checkout times, number of guests, permissibility of pets or smoking, and other Host rules agreed upon at the time of booking.
- Disrespecting the space: Guests may not leave the place where they stayed or its grounds in a state that requires excessive or deep cleaning or repairs beyond normal wear and tear. Cleaning fees are only meant to cover the cost of standard cleaning between reservations. Guests should also return any keys as agreed upon by both parties.
- Tampering with security devices: Guests may not disconnect or otherwise obscure any permissible and properly disclosed security devices.
- Access of personal property other than your own: Any areas clearly designated as off limits, locked, or containing personal or confidential information are off limits to guests.
We're here to help
If you witness or experience behaviour that goes against our policies, please let us know.
While these guidelines don’t cover every possible scenario, they’re designed to offer general guidance on Airbnb’s community policies.
- How-to•GuestBeing a considerate guestFrom sharing your story in your bio section to leaving honest reviews, connecting with other members of our community is key to travelling w…
- Community policy•GuestBeing a good neighbourRespect must extend beyond the Airbnb community to those around us. That respect includes avoiding disturbing neighbours with disruptive par…
- Community policy•GuestHost and guest safetyTo help ensure safe stays, experiences, and interactions, certain activities and behaviours are not allowed in our community.