Collection and use of information in Korea
Personal information we collect
Information needed to use the Airbnb platform
We collect personal information about you when you use the Airbnb platform. Without it, we may not be able to provide all services requested. This information includes:
- Contact information, account, profile information. Such as your first name, last name, phone number, postal address, email address, date of birth, and profile photo, some of which will depend on the features you use
- Identity verification and payment information. Such as images of your government issued ID (as permitted by applicable laws), your ID number or other verification information, bank account or payment account information. If you are not an Airbnb user, we may receive payment information relating to you, such as when an Airbnb user provides your payment card to complete a booking. If a copy of your ID is provided to us, we may scan, use, and store information contained in your ID to verify your identity.
Information you choose to give us
You can choose to provide us with additional personal information. This information may include:
- Additional profile information. Such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and personal description. Some of this information as indicated in your account settings is part of your public profile page and will be publicly visible.
- Address book contact information. Address book contacts you import or enter manually
- Other information. Such as when you fill in a form, add information to your account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team and other members, or share your experience with us. This may include health information if you choose to share it with us.
Information automatically collected by using the Airbnb platform and our payment services
When you use the Airbnb platform and payment services, we automatically collect personal information. This information may include:
- Geo-location information. Such as precise or approximate location determined from your IP address or mobile device’s GPS depending on your device settings. We may also collect this information when you’re not using the app if you enable this through your settings or device permissions.
- Usage information. Such as the pages or content you view, searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Airbnb platform
- Log data and device information. Such as details about how you’ve used the Airbnb platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Airbnb platform. We may collect this information even if you haven’t created an Airbnb account or logged in.
- Payment transaction information. Such as payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address, and other related transaction details
How we use information we collect
Provide, improve, and develop the Airbnb platform
These actions will help:
- Enable you to access the Airbnb platform and make and receive payments
- Enable you to communicate with other members
- Process your request
- Perform analytics, debug and conduct research
- Provide customer service training
- Send you messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications
- iIf you provide us with your contacts’ information, such as your friends or co-travelers, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) to share your trip details and facilitate trip planning, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) to facilitate your requests or for any other purpose you authorize
- Personalize and customize your experience based on your interactions with the Airbnb platform your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit
- Enable your use of our enterprise products
Create and maintain a trusted and safer environment
These actions will help:
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security and safety incidents, and other harmful activity
- Study and combat discrimination consistent with our Nondiscrimination Policy
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments
- Verify or authenticate information provided by you
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks
- Comply with our legal obligations, protect the health and well-being of our guests, Hosts, Hosts’ employees, and members of the public
- Resolve disputes with our Members, including sharing information with your co-Host or additional guests about disputes related to your role as a co-Host or additional guest
- Enforce our agreements with third parties
- Comply with law, respond to legal requests, prevent harm, and protect our rights (see section 4.5),
- Enforce our Terms and other policies (e.g. Nondiscrimination Policy)
- In connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Airbnb platform, your profile information and other content you submit to Airbnb, and information obtained from third parties. In limited cases, automated processes, which analyze your account and activities on the Airbnb platform as well as information in relation to activities on and off the Airbnb platform that can be associated with you, could restrict or suspend access to the Airbnb platform if such processes detect activity that may pose a safety or other risk to Airbnb, our community, or third parties. If you would like to challenge decisions based on automated processes, please contact us via the contact information section below.
Provide payment services
Personal information is used to enable, or authorize third parties to use, payment services such as to:
- Detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, abuse, and security incidents
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations)
- Enforce the Payment Terms and other payment policies
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences
- Provide and improve payment services
In principle, the company deletes users' personal information when they ask for data deletion or account withdrawal.
Personal information that has achieved the purpose of collection and use of personal information, such as data deletion request or service termination, is destroyed in a non-renewable way. In the case of electronic file types, technical methods are used to safely delete them so that they cannot be recovered or reproduced, and printed materials are destroyed by crushing or incineration.
Right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information
Users have the right to refuse consent to the collection and use of personal information. If you refuse to consent to the collection and use of the minimum personal information collected during the sign up process which is mandatory, it may be difficult to use our service.
- GuestUnderstanding your personal data fileGet general information to help you better understand and navigate through the contents of your account data file.
- GuestAirbnb and your personal infoMost data associated with your user account is deleted when you close your Airbnb account. However, some data is kept longer as required or …
- GuestHow we keep your ID secureWhen we receive information from your driver's licence, passport, or national identity card, we store the number safely in an encrypted form…