Are there any restrictions about what can be listed as a place to stay?
Airbnb welcomes many different kinds of listings on our site as long as they meet the following criteria:
- The space is only used for lodging
- The space, if a mobile home, sailboat, yacht, or other vessel, will be semi-permanently attached to a set location and will be parked in a privately-owned space during the reservation
- The space is accurately represented, located where the host says it is, and is bookable by the host
Listings that don’t meet these criteria include:
- Motor vehicles or watercraft intended for mobile use
- Any listing whose primary purpose isn’t serving as a lodging
If we discover a listing that doesn’t meet our guidelines, we may exercise our discretion to limit, suspend, deactivate, or cancel the host's account. Refer to our Terms of Service for more information and other requirements for listing your space on Airbnb.
- RetiredRetired article 887: What are Airbnb’s rules about security cameras and other recording devices in listings?All members of the Airbnb community are required to respect each other’s privacy. Hosts should disclose all recording devices in their listi…
- How-to•HostCan I require guests to be verified before booking?Yes, you can do this in your reservation requirements.
- How-to•HostAll the ways to host on AirbnbIt's free to sign up to host a place to stay or an Airbnb experience, such as classes, tours, or music events. Learn about our quality stand…