Host liability insurance
Host liability insurance, a part of AirCover for Hosts, provides Hosts with $1 million USD in coverage in the rare event you are found legally responsible for a guest getting hurt or their belongings being damaged or stolen while they’re staying at your place. People who help you host, like Co-Hosts and cleaners, are also included, so you can feel confident hosting on Airbnb.
Start an AirCover for Hosts liability claim
File a claim if a guest gets hurt or their belongings are damaged.
Host liability insurance covers you if you’re found legally responsible for:
- Bodily injury to a guest (or others)
- Damage to or theft of property belonging to a guest (or others)
- Damage caused by a guest (or others) to common areas, like building lobbies and nearby properties
Host liability insurance doesn't cover:
- Damage or injury resulting from something done intentionally
- Damage to your place or belongings caused by a guest (that’s covered by Host damage protection)
- Other exclusions apply
The claims process
If you need to file a claim, just fill out our liability insurance intake form. The info will be sent to our trusted third-party insurer, who will assign your claim to a representative. They’ll resolve your claim according to the terms of the insurance policy.
No opt-in required
AirCover for Hosts and its benefits are always included and always free. By simply agreeing to list or continuing to list a property on Airbnb, you are automatically covered whenever you host a stay booked on Airbnb.
If you want to opt out
Email us from the email address associated with your Host account. Be sure to include the exact title of your listing, your full name, and the phone number associated with your Host account.
The email link above is only for opting out.
Please note that Hosts in the UK can’t opt out of this free liability insurance.
To learn more about Host liability insurance, go to the comprehensive program summary.
Disclaimer: Host liability insurance doesn’t cover Hosts who offer stays through Airbnb Travel, LLC; Hosts of Experiences; or Hosts who offer stays in Japan. For Hosts who offered stays or Experiences in mainland China, the China Host Protection Plan applies. Keep in mind that all coverage limits are shown in USD, and that there are other terms, conditions, and exclusions. If you’re hosting in the UK, the Host liability insurance policy is underwritten by Zurich Insurance, and is arranged and concluded at no additional cost for UK Hosts by Airbnb UK Services Limited—an appointed representative of Aon UK Limited, authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Aon’s FCA register number is 310451. You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA’s website or contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768. Host damage protection isn’t related to Host liability insurance. Insurance products arranged by Airbnb UK Services in the UK are regulated products. FP.AFF.417.LC If you’re hosting in the EU, you can access the full details of the insurance intermediary here.
- HostHost damage protection, a part of AirCover for Hosts, provides Hosts with $3 million USD in coverage in the rare event your place or belongi…
- HostAirCover for Hosts is top-to-bottom protection for Airbnb Hosts.
- Experience HostWe’ll send you a message with a link to upload your documentation for validation through our partner, Evident.