French-style chateau above 470 feet of pink sand
8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 5 baths
Discover a Bahamas hideaway that will make you believe in magic at Unicorn Cay. This one-of-a-kind vacation rental was built by Rosita Forbes, a famed writer and explorer who traveled widely throughout north Africa and the Middle East before settling on Eleuthera Island. The four-bedroom house was inspired by a French chateau and commands 12 acres of private grounds and nearly 500 feet of pink-sand beach. And today, it welcomes not just adventurers, but those looking to unwind and reconnect with friends and family.
Take in the views from the shaded verandas and patios lining the house, or relax in the sunny central courtyard on a lounger or sun bed by the pool. There’s a barbecue where you can prep local specialties and an al-fresco dining table where you can enjoy them. Kayaks, stand-up paddleboards and snorkel equipment are provided for your use, and the villa has a golf cart you can take to the Unicorn Cay beach. In the evening, entertain inside around the hand-crafted walnut bar, spend a quiet moment in the library or keep up with favorite shows or games on the satellite TV.
A gated entrance flanked by turrets sets the stately, European-inspired tone for this grande dame of Caribbean estates. It was recently restored to bring out the original features, from Abaco pine floors and woodwork to native stone, and add a touch of modern luxury—think gourmet appliances in the fully equipped kitchen. In the living and dining areas, built-in bookcases, coffered ceilings and a broad fireplace continue the feel of inviting elegance.
Each of the property’s four bedrooms has an en-suite bathroom and opens onto the courtyard. There is one master suite with a king bed, two bedrooms with queen beds and one bedroom with two twin beds. The beautiful traditional interiors, which include details like four-poster beds and ornate chests, give the feeling of staying in someone’s country estate on holiday.
The villa’s charms extend to its 470 feet of pink-sand beach, perfect for a honeymoon-style stroll or snorkeling on the nearby reefs. Its location near Governor’s Harbour is close to several fine restaurants, as well as the Edwin’s Turtle Lake Marine Preserve. For an easy day trip, drive to the ferry docks and ride over to Harbour Island for a few hours of exploration.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Rain Shower, Dual Vanity, Bidet, Walk-in Closet, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Safe, Court yard accessible
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin size beds, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bath tub, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Court yard accessible
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Court yard accessible
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Court yard accessible
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining area with seating for 8
- Satellite television
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Coffee machine
- Sound system
- Air conditioning
- DVD/CD Library
- Ceiling fans
- Alfresco dining with seating for 8
- Swimming Pool
- Sun loungers & sun beds
- Outdoor dining area
- Outdoor living area
STAFF & SERVICES
- Golf cart
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 9.3 km to Edwin's Turtle Lake Marine Preserve
- 5.4 km to Governor's Harbour
- 42.1 km to Hatchet Bay Caves
- 52.3 km to Ocean Hole
- 54 km to Glass Window Bridge
- 79.4 km to Preacher's Cave
- 4.1 km to French Leave Beach
- 18.2 km to Governor's Harbor Airport (GHB)
- 48.1 km to Rock Sound International Airport (RSD)
- 69.3 km to North Eleuthera Airport (ELH)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 8 people
+ 1 more
+ 6 more
Governor’s Harbour, Bahamas
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.