Moorish architecture near Prieta Beach Club
12 guests · 5 bedrooms · 5.5 baths
Draw inspiration from the eclectic architecture, stunning views and five-star amenities at Villa Al Hambra. Loosely modeled on the famed palace in Spain, this luxury vacation rental is a beautifully furnished haven that was designed to make the most of the Pacific breezes—and views. Its setting on Costa Rica’s exclusive Peninsula Papagayo puts guests close to beaches, world-class golf and more.
Revel in the tropical sunshine in the villa’s two pools—one larger pool and one wading pool perfect for younger children—or at the lounge areas on the sunny terraces. Shaded sitting and dining areas provide a respite from the heat, and a wet bar makes it easy to relax or entertain. Inside, the property’s amenities range from a Sonos sound system and Netflix to Wi-Fi.
Designed by renowned Costa Rican architect Ronald Zurcher and gorgeously furnished by its interior-designer owner, Villa Al Hambra has magazine-worthy appeal. A mix of vintage, modern and new pieces from Morocco, Thailand, India, Central America and beyond fill the spacious living and dining rooms. In the fully equipped kitchen, a bold red range makes a fun focal point.
The villa’s five bedrooms—four in the main house and one in a casita, all with en-suite bathrooms—can accommodate groups of up to twelve friends and family. In the main house, there are two bedrooms with king beds, including a master to rival any honeymoon suite, one bedroom with two king beds, and one bedroom with two twin beds and a queen sofa bed. The casita has a king bed and its own private living area, kitchenette and terrace.
Spend your holiday watching the waves lap at the shore or listening to the birds call in the jungle, or seek adventure beyond the villa. Your stay includes access to the nearby Prieta Beach Club, Arnold Palmer golf course and a tennis facility, and it’s only 10 minutes in the provided golf cart to the Four Seasons golf course. For a memorable day trip, drive to Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Walk-in closet, Smart TV, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Terrace
- Bedroom 2 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Alfresco shower, Smart TV, Lounge area, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Terrace, Ocean view
- Bedroom 3: 2 King size beds, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin size beds & Queen sofa bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Smart TV, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan
- Bedroom 5: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone alfresco shower, Kitchenette, Television, Air conditioning, Terrace, Jungle & Ocean views
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 8
- SONOS sound system
- Golf cart - 6 person
- Swimming pool
- Alfresco dining
- Wet bar
- Lounge area
- Sun deck
- Cliffside - Oceanfront
- Sun loungers
- Alfresco shower
- Gated community
- View of ocean
STAFF & SERVICES
- Access to Prieta Beach Club
- Access to Arnold Palmer Golf Course
- Access to Peter Burwash International Tennis Facility
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Chef service
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 10 minute golf cart ride to Four Seasons Golf Course
- 39.2 km to Playa Hermosa with restaurants & shops
- 106 km to Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park
- Steps down to Playa Prieta
- 2.3 km to Poro Poro Beach Club
- 3.1 km to Playa Nacascolo
- 40 km to Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport (LIR)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
Villa Al Hambra highlights
Modeled after Alhambra Palace
Built by renowned architect, Ronald Zurcher, the villa’s striking facades, columns, and archways are a nod to the famous Spanish palace.
Eclectic interiors with Moroccan flair
The villa’s owner—an interior designer—has filled the home with playful patterns, antique furniture, and North African decor.
Garden nooks and ocean views
Nestled within the diverse Costa Rican jungle, a pathway leads out to a small deck with chairs facing the Pacific.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Sonos sound system
Papagayo, Costa Rica
Liberia International Airport (LIR)
42 min(s) drive
Prieta Beach Club
7 min(s) walk
8 min(s) drive
50 min(s) drive
Points of Interest
Rincón de la Vieja Volcano National Park
89 min(s) drive
Rincón de la Vieja Volcano
137 min(s) drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.