Thatched-roof garden villa near Playa Hermosa
6 guests · 3 bedrooms · 3 baths
Located just two minutes from the beach, Casa Macondo is tucked away in lush tropical jungle, with privacy provided by mature palm, almond, and mango trees, and other gorgeous local flora. This spacious three-bedroom is ideal for a laid-back beach vacation with friends and family. Follow a wooded pathway through the jungle to the pristine white sand and crystal clear waters of Playa Hermosa Beach. On the short walk to the beach, you may run into the neighbors, Howler and Capuchin monkeys. Make sure to bring a camera.
With its thatched palapa, natural stonework, and warm wood tones, Casa Macondo is a completely authentic tropical, open-air home. Blurring lines between inside and out is Macondo’s specialty, and it does its job flawlessly. Inside, you’ll find high-end electronics and appliances subtly woven into the rustic-chic decor. The three air-conditioned bedrooms feature beautiful wood bed frames with gorgeous headboards, colorful textures on the linens, and alfresco rain showers.
Casa Macondo’s terrace is a tropical oasis. Upon sight of the refreshing swimming pool, alfresco showers, and yoga shala, you’ll feel instantly relaxed. When it’s time to prepare your meals, and you can’t tear yourself away from the gorgeous outdoors, you won’t have to, as Macondo is equipped with a charcoal barbecue, wood burning pizza oven, and an alfresco dining set. Wi-Fi, housekeeping, and a parking space are also included.
A favorite among locals, Playa Hermosa somehow manages to remain a little more secluded than other nearby beaches, Carmen and Santa Teresa. Finding a shady spot for a lounge chair, or a nice stretch of ocean for snorkeling will always be a little easier at Hermosa, and the bars and restaurants at its edge are a little less crowded too. If you’d prefer the hustle and bustle of the city, Playa Santa Teresa is the beach for you. And, it’s right on the edge of town, so you’ll have no trouble finding shopping, grocery stores, dining, and nightlife in Santa Teresa.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom, Alfresco Rain Shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Direct access to the pool area
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted into a King size bed), Shared bathroom with Bedroom 3, Alfresco Rain Shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, Shared bathroom with Bedroom 2, Alfresco Rain Shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan
- Additional bedding (Upon request, additional fees may apply): Casita Macondo: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom, Alfresco Rain Shower, Kitchenette, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Ice maker
- Coffee maker
- Formal dining area seating 8
- Ceiling fans
- Air conditioning in the bedrooms
- Swimming pool
- Alfresco dining
- Charcoal barbeque (charcoal not included)
- Shared wood burning pizza oven
- Shared Yoga shala
- Parking space for one car
- Alfresco showers
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Laundry service
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfers
- Activities and excursions
- Chef services
Points of Interest
- 3.9 km to Super La Hacienda Grocery Store
- 4.1 km to Santa Teresa town
- 4 minute walk to Playa Hermosa (for expert swimmers)
- 4.1 km to Playa Santa Teresa
- 6.9 km to Playa Carmen
- 35 km to Tambor Airport (TMU)
- 176 km to Juan Santa Maria International Airport (SJO)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
Casa Macondo highlights
An oasis in and of itself
Pathways weave their way through native landscaping, embodying a true sense of the Costa Rican tropics.
Wake up beneath thatched roofs with open-air facades surrounded by the sounds of the jungle.
A double tiered swimming pool
Built to match the fluid landscape, a freeform swimming pool takes on varied dimensions to achieve a natural aesthetic.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
Tambor Airport (TMU)
58 min(s) drive
Juan Santamaria International Airport
305 min(s) drive
laya Santa Teresa
9 min(s) drive
17 min(s) drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.