Italian-style gem near Bouverie Wildflower Preserve
8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4.5 baths
Sonoma County Transient Occupancy Tax Certificate #1653N.
This extraordinary villa in the Napa and Sonoma region enjoys a secluded location within four miles of Sonoma Plaza. Nestled on 1.7 acres of beautifully landscaped estate with expansive views of the hills, the four-bedroom home is designed in the style of a modern Italian villa, with cypress trees flanking its outdoor pool, terracotta tile floors, and luminous pastel finishes. With a three-bedroom main house and large guesthouse, this vacation rental welcomes families and groups of friends seeking a unique yet quintessential experience of California Wine Country.
Lovers of the open air will feel at home at Villa Casterno. An ample pool and half-moon-shaped spa invite you to soothing dips under the sun and stars, while sun loungers await you beneath the pergola. There is a charming bocce court for afternoon fun, while the expansive terrace welcomes alfresco barbeque meals and nighttime wine tastings around the fire pit.
The 3,000-square-foot main house features three bedrooms upstairs and ample living spaces on the ground floor. Tall French doors infuse the living room with natural light and country breezes, while the fireplace keeps it toasty on cool evenings. A beautiful, peach-toned dining room seats eight beneath an astrolabe chandelier. The kitchen is fully equipped with chef-grade appliances and ample prep space, and easily serves the dining room and alfresco patio. Heating, air conditioning, and a Sonos sound system allow you to customize your atmosphere, and there is a lovely office for quiet work or study.
The master suite boasts a king bed, lounge area with fireplace, private balcony with gorgeous views, and ensuite bathroom with a marble steam shower and tub with a view. Both of the guestrooms have queen beds and ensuite bathrooms, and one opens to a balcony as well. The spacious, stand-alone guesthouse includes a studio-style apartment with queen bed, TV lounge, kitchenette, and private balcony, accompanied by a media room with sleeper sofa.
Villa Casterno complements your privacy with outstanding proximity to the treasures of Sonoma wine country. You're minutes from Glen Ellen and Bouverie Wildflower Preserve, and just over four miles from Sonoma Plaza and the Overlook Trail. World-class wineries, restaurants, and tasting rooms abound in this area, and Sonoma Golf Club is close by as well.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with steam shower & stand-alone bathtub, Dual vanity, Fireplace, Lounge area, Television, Private balcony
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Shared access to balcony
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, Access to full bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television, Kitchenette, Living area, Private balcony
- Media Room - Additional Bedding: Queen sleeper sofa
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Wine fridge
- Ice maker
- Formal dining area with seating for 8
- Sonos sound system
- Air conditioning (Central)
- Heating (Central)
- Iron/ironing board
- Gated property
- Swimming pool (Mild heating included from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Cannot be heated outside of these dates.)
- Hot tub - Heating included year-round
- Alfresco dining with seating for 8
- Bocce ball court
- Sun loungers
- Fire pit
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 4 minute drive to Bouverie Wildflower Preserve
- 6 minute drive to Glen Ellen
- 8 minute drive to Sonoma Valley Regional Park
- 14 minute drive to Sonoma Overlook Trail
- 14 minute drive to Sonoma Plaza
- 14 miles to Oakville
- 15 miles to Sonoma Raceway
- 17 miles to Santa Rosa
- 20 miles to Saint Helena
- 20 miles to Downtown Napa
- 20 miles to Oxbow Public Market
- 21 miles to Napa County Airport (APC)
- 26 miles to Sonoma County Airport (STS)
- 60 miles to San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 8 people
Bocce ball court
Sonos sound system
+ 4 more
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.