Vaulted designer villa in coastal hillside
8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4 baths
Stay where the mountains meet the sea at The Upper House. Perched on a hillside in the exclusive suburb of Camps Bay, this luxury vacation rental has expansive views of rocky cliffs and breaking ocean waves, plus a location close to beaches, shopping, dining and central Cape Town. Reserve this stunning home for a relaxed holiday with family or a getaway with up to eight friends.
Listen to the surf and feel the breeze off the water from the villa’s spacious ocean-facing terrace, which has space for sitting and lounging, a jacuzzi, a barbecue and al-fresco dining for six. In the evenings, challenge everyone to a game at the pool table or unwind after a day of sightseeing in front of the TV, DVD player and sound system.
The recently renovated interiors of The Upper House exude breezy sophistication. The main-level great room has a living area, dining area and fully equipped kitchen that open to a balcony via fold-away glass doors, and refined furnishings in nautical tones of tan and blue sit under a soaring vaulted ceiling. A second living area on the lower terrace level features a sitting area, bar, TV lounge and kitchenette.
The villa has two bedrooms with king beds and access to the terrace, and two with queen beds and balconies; all four have private en-suite bathrooms and ocean views. Like the main living areas, the bedrooms are flooded with sunshine and have an airy feel that’s boosted by white walls, sleek furnishings and geometric patterns on the bedding and accent pieces.
Though The Upper House is in the suburb of Camps Bay, it puts guests close to the best of what Cape Town has to offer. It’s less than 10 minutes from the villa to the iconic Lion’s Head and the white sands of Clifton and Camps Bay beaches—perfect for a honeymoon-style stroll, a refreshing swim or people-watching from the shore. A 15-minute drive or less will bring you to Table Mountain and the Cape Town city center.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual Vanity, Bidet, Walk-in Closet, Balcony, View of Sea
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Balcony, View of Sea
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Day bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Direct access to Terrace, View of Sea
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Day bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Desk, Direct access to Terrace, View of Sea
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Espresso Machine
- Formal dining area seating for 10
- Air conditioning
- Sound System
- DVD Player
- Pool table
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Jacuzzi (at extra cost)
- View of Sea
- Alfresco dining seating for 6
- Sun loungers
- Security cameras - street, front door, back yard facing
STAFF & SERVICES
- Housekeeping (Monday - Friday from 9:30am to 3:30pm)
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Jacuzzi (2500 Rand/per water top up, one week notice required)
- Activities and excursions
- Additional housekeeping
Points of Interest
- 6 minute drive to Lion's Head
- 13 minute drive to Cape Town City Center
- 13 minute drive to Table Mountain
- 14 minute drive to Atlantic Seaboard
- 18 minute drive to V&A Waterfront
- 7 minute drive to Camps Bay Beach
- 7 minute drive to Clifton Beach
- 33 minute drive to Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 10 people
+ 6 more
Cape Town, South Africa
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 30 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. If you cancel within 30 days of your trip, the reservation is non-refundable.