Great Bear Lodge - 4 bedroom
8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4 baths
Located in the heart of the Village at Northstar near Lake Tahoe, Great Bear Lodge is one of the finest luxury residential complexes in the region, with outstanding shared amenities, exquisite private suites, and access to Northstar's world-class spa and resort facilities—all within steps of the slopes. This superb four-bedroom residence in Great Bear is the ideal vacation rental for families and groups of friends seeking a dream combination of privacy, convenience, and alpine style.
The residence features an elegant, open-plan living area with expansive windows gazing out on charming views of Northstar. Savor relaxing evenings together in the lounge, watching your favorite shows on the flat-screen TV and staying warm by the fire. Prepare delicious meals in the fully equipped kitchen—with Wolfe & Sub Zero appliances and gorgeous wood cabinetry—serving cocktails and hors d'oeuvres at the breakfast bar. Then gather around the dining table for a sumptuous feast. Just off the living area, the furnished balcony is perfect for alfresco drinks in the fresh mountain air.
The four bedrooms provide guests with well-appointed settings for private downtime. The master suite features a king bed and ensuite bathroom with dual vanity, stand-alone shower, and tub. There are two guest rooms with queen beds, and one with either two double or two queen beds. All of the bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms and TVs.
The lodge offers outstanding amenities in addition to your private abode. Soothe your body in the hot tub, steam room, and outdoor swimming pool after the day's exertions. Enjoy a workout in the fitness center, and some fun in the game room. Ski lockers and other amenities ensure total comfort.
Beyond its doors, Great Bear enjoys an ideal location within Northstar and the Tahoe region. Just steps from the Village at Northstar— with a year-round skating rink and outstanding dining, shopping, and nightlife options—you're also a minute's walk from Northstar California Highlands Gondola. The resort offers yoga and wellness options, winter and summer sports, and activities for kids. Golfers are very close to Schaffer's Mill and Old Brockaway, while skiers can reach Sugar Bowl, Heavenly, and Squaw Valley easily. Even during the off-season, you’ll find rugged hiking and a spectacular bike park on the Northstar mountain. Tahoe and Truckee are both a short drive away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Dual Vanity, Television
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/tub combo, Television
- Bedroom 4: Variable bedding, Ensuite bathroom with shower/tub combo
*Please note that photos are representative of a number of similar units and may not exactly match your specific rental. Amenities and bedroom configuration may vary in style, but not in quality. Contact your Villa Specialist for more information.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Ice maker
- Wine fridge
- Formal dining area
- Cable TV
- DVD player
- Gas fireplace
- Air conditioning
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Private elevator
- Mountain views and/or view overlooking village rink
- Outdoor furniture
SHARED ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING AMENITIES
- Barbecue (May to November)
- Heated, outdoor pool
- Hot tub
- Kids pool
- Steam room
- Fitness center
- Game room
- Ski lockers
- Roller skating rink in summer/ ice skating rink in winter
STAFF & SERVICES
- Midweek clean (available on fourth day of six or more night stay)
- Overnight underground parking
Extra cost (advance notice required):
- Private chef
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Spa services
Points of Interest
- 1 minute walk to The Village at Northstar
- 7 minute drive to Northstar California Golf Course
- 7.3 miles to Downtown Truckee
- 9.5 miles to Crystal Bay (Lake Tahoe)
- 9.9 miles to Old Greenwood Golf Course
- 10 miles to Coyote Moon Golf Course
- 14 miles to Gray's Crossing Golf Course
- 17 miles to Tahoe City
- 35 miles to Emerald Bay
- 40 miles to South Lake Tahoe
- 1 minute walk to Northstar California Highlands Gondola
- 2 minute walk to Northstar California Big Springs Express Gondola
- 18 miles to Sugar Bowl Resort
- 19 miles to Squaw Valley Resort
- 38 miles to Heavenly Mountain Resort
- 11 minute drive to Truckee Tahoe Airport (TRK)
- 41 miles to Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 4 more
+ 1 more
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.