Salvaged Indonesian villa near the sea
12 guests · 6 bedrooms · 6.5 baths
Nestled away, amongst lush tropical greenery, Casa Dewa is perfect for a private, beachfront getaway. With six luxurious en-suite bedrooms and plenty of indoor/outdoor space to explore, this vacation rental is ideal for a large family vacation, corporate retreat, or small beachfront wedding ceremony.
Casa Dewa’s construction is perhaps its most notable feature. As part of a salvage team, Dewa’s owners recovered all of the estate’s ironwood columns from the bottom of the Indonesian Ocean. Then, design began when a hundred year old rice barn, with incredible teak panelling, was introduced to be used for the upper floor. These two absolutely authentic features combine to create a totally one-of-a-kind vacation destination. Dewa’s open concept floor plan is decorated with finely crafted wooden furniture, creating a warm and inviting space with easily enough seating for the whole group. The open-air layout fills Dewa’s interior with natural sunlight and fresh ocean breeze, while the sounds of the Pacific provide a relaxing white noise. And, modern features like air conditioning and Wi-Fi are in place to make sure everyone is comfortable and connected.
With formal dining space for twenty and numerous little social nooks to discover, Casa Dewa was made for hosting large gatherings. Meal needs for the group are easily managed thanks to Dewa’s fully equipped kitchen, bodega kitchen, and barbecue. After dinner, work off some calories by challenging a friend to a game of ping pong, practice yoga in Dewa’s private shala, or swim a couple laps in the swimming pool. Once you’re on the terrace, find a nice place to settle in for the main event, the sunset. Or, you could grab a bottle of wine and head out to your own private beachfront to watch the sun disappear into the Pacific Ocean.
Although Casa Dewa is well hidden amongst the palm trees, it’s actually quite close to the restaurants, shops, and nightlife of Santa Teresa and Carmen Beach. Both small towns are within a ten minute drive of Casa Dewa’s serene beachfront estate.
Casa Dewa can be rented with neighboring Casa Capitan (https://www.luxuryretreats.com/vacation-rentals/central-america/costa-rica/santa-teresa/casa-capitan-111425) and/or Casa Java (https://www.luxuryretreats.com/vacation-rentals/central-america/costa-rica/santa-teresa/casa-java-111424) to form Estate Capitan (https://www.luxuryretreats.com/vacation-rentals/central-america/costa-rica/santa-teresa/estate-capitan-120489) for a total of 17 bedrooms of beachfront Costa Rican splendor.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Super King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone indoor/outdoor shower, Dual vanity, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Safe, Garden
- Bedroom 2: Super King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone indoor/outdoor shower, Dual vanity, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Safe, Garden
- Bedroom 3: Super King size bed, Ensuite alfresco bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Safe, Garden
- Bedroom 4: Super King size bed, Ensuite alfresco bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Safe, Garden
- Bedroom 5: Super King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Balcony, Outdoor furniture, Safe, View of the ocean
- Bedroom 6: Super King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Balcony, Safe, View of the ocean
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining area with seating for 20
- Air conditioning
- Table tennis
- Salt water swimming pool - unheated
- Parking - 4 Spaces
- View of the ocean
- Yoga shala
- Sun loungers
STAFF & SERVICES
- Continental Breakfast
- Security Guard (6AM - 6PM)
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Laundry service
- Beach attendant
- Chef service
- Full breakfast
Points of Interest
- Italian restaurant across the road
- 2 minute walk to Super La Hacienda Grocery Store
- 5 minute walk to more restaurants
- 3 minute drive to Shops & Nightlife
- 10 minute drive to Town of Carmen Beach
- Beachfront to North Playa Santa Teresa
- 169 km to Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)
- 204 km to Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport (LIR)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
Casa Dewa highlights
Constructed from bits of history
Ironwood columns from the bottom of the Indian Ocean and a 100-year-old rice barn have all been repurposed and built into this special home.
Lounging in the open-air
Whether it’s a hammock or sun beds beneath a thatched roof, you’ll find plenty of nooks to relax in on your way to the beach.
Eclectic, earthy design
Balinese artifacts dot the bohemian living spaces filled with custom wicker armchairs, native plants, and woven lamp fixtures.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 20 people
+ 6 more
Santa Teresa (de Cobano), Costa Rica
Liberia International Airport (LIR)
222 min(s) drive
Juan Santamaria International Airport
304 min(s) drive
10 min(s) drive
laya Santa Teresa
14 min(s) walk
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.