Classic alpine chalet near Grands Montets ski area
16 guests · 7 bedrooms · 6.5 baths
This beautiful chalet is located in the heart of Chamonix-Mont Blanc, a few minutes from Grands Montets ski area and about ten kilometers from Chamonix village. Built in a classic alpine style, the chalet offers fine contemporary comforts including a sauna, gourmet kitchen, Apple TV, and home theater, while its seven bedrooms include two kid-friendly bunkrooms, forming an ideal dwelling for families. The vacation rental includes daily housekeeping, chef service, and shuttle service to some of the finest slopes in the French Alps.
The open-concept living and dining area (located on the middle level of the three-story home) feels at once spacious and cozy, infused with sublime mountain views and abundant natural light. A modernist fireplace warms the salon area, inviting you to warm drinks after the day's exertions, while the dining table sits thirteen beneath a charming antler chandelier. The chalet's kitchen features luminous white appliances and countertops, including a large island breakfast bar—ideal for preparing hearty feasts. An ample deck extends from the house, beckoning you into the crisp mountain air.
The basement level of the chalet features a cavernous home theater with large projector screen and cinema-style seating. Beside it, the fabulous sauna inspires well-deserved relaxation before your next adventure.
A master suite occupies the top floor of the house, and features a king bed and ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower and tub. Five of the guestrooms are on the ground floor—three with king beds, one with a queen, and one with a bunk bed for kids. The second kids' room, with two bunk beds, is on the basement level.
The location of Chalet de l'Hiver blends alpine tranquility with convenient access to the slopes and nightlife of Chamonix-Mont Blanc. You're just over a kilometer from Grands Montets, and less than five from Balm Vallorcine. Hikers and mountaineers are just six kilometers from the extraordinary Aiguille Verte, while Chamonix Village itself is less than ten kilometers away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Direct access to exterior
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone bathtub & stand-alone shower
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom with Bedroom 6, stand-alone shower & bathtub, Direct access to exterior
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Direct access to exterior
- Bedroom 5: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub
- Bedroom 6 - Kids Room: Bunk bed, Shared access to hall bathroom with Bedroom 3, stand-alone shower & bathtub, Direct access to exterior
- Bedroom 7 - Kids Room: 2 Bunk beds, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower
* Please note that bedroom 7 has ensuite access to a stand-alone shower and a sink only. Toilet access is shared with hallway half-bath. For further details please view chalet floor plan found in images.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Wine fridge
- Formal dining area with seating for 13
- Apple TV
STAFF & SERVICES
- Daily housekeeping (December 15 to April 21)
- Daily transport to ski hills (December 15 to April 21)
- Chef services (Up to 5 breakfasts and 5 dinners - December 15 to April 21)
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 5.6 km to Point de vue Glacier d'Argentière
- 6.1 km to Aigulle Verte
- 9.6 km to Chamonix village with restaurants & shops
- 10.3 km to Compagnie du Mont Blanc
- 15.5 km to Mer de GLACE
- 1.4 km to Grands Montets ski slope
- 4.7 km to Balme Vallorcine ski slope
- 16.1 km to Brévent-Flégère ski slope
- 16 .9km to Les Houches ski slope
- 110 km to Geneva International Airport (GVA)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 13 people
Geneva International Airport (GVA)
79 min(s) drive
Aiguille du Midi
14 min(s) drive
Aiguille des Grands Montets
19 min(s) drive
22 min(s) drive
Le Brévent - La Flégère (Chamonix-Mont Blanc)
52 min(s) drive
Points of Interest
16 min(s) drive
17 min(s) drive
19 min(s) drive
Mer de Glace
49 min(s) drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.