Ultra private hilltop retreat near Monticiano
28 guests · 14 bedrooms · 15.5 baths
Set on a hilltop in the countryside just south of Siena, Villa Ferraia offers luxury accommodations for groups of up to 27 people. There’s something for everyone to do, from cooking lessons and stargazing to gardening and spa experiences in the pools and sauna. A library, nearby trails and fourteen bedrooms arranged in three areas create a peaceful, private retreat in an idyllic setting.
The villa has plenty to offer both adventurous travelers and guests who’d prefer to relax. Take a walk through the woods just outside, arrange a cooking lesson or join a stargazing session with a local astronomy society. Ask the gardener about helping in the vegetable garden, then grill the produce on the barbecue. If you’d rather relax while on holiday, this expansive vacation rental has a library, home theater and plenty of seating on the covered terrace with glorious views over the hills of Tuscany. An outdoor pool, three plunge pools and a Finnish-style sauna create your very own mini-spa area.
Inside, Villa Ferraia is warm and eclectic, with white slipcovered sofas gathered around brightly painted fireplaces, traditionally inspired wooden tables and rustic brick archways. There are plenty of tucked-away seating areas for a quiet moment spent reading or napping, but the formal dining room can seat all 27 friends or family members at once. The villa has a fully equipped kitchen, and continental breakfast is included in your stay. On-request meals can be provided at extra cost if you’d like something special to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or just being together.
The villa’s fourteen bedrooms are divided into three areas: the main house, a guest house and a guest suite. The main house has ten bedrooms, most with en-suite bathrooms, that share two common living rooms. The guest house has its own entrance and three bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms that share a living room and kitchenette. The guest suite also has its own entrance from the courtyard, and with its en-suite bathroom, living and dining areas, it could double as a honeymoon or in-law suite.
It’s well worth taking time to explore the area around Villa Ferraia. The estate is a 15-minute drive from the charming town of Monticiano, which has restaurants, shops and a tennis court. In the winter, head for the ski slopes of Monte Amiata, an hour’s drive away, or for an indulgent soak in the hot springs at Terme di Petriolo. If you’re visiting during the summer, plan to play a round or two at the Bagnaia or Punta Ala golf courses, or spend a languid afternoon on the Castiglione della Pescaia beach, a 97 km drive from the property. When it’s time to leave, plan on a 143 km drive to Pisa or a 40-minute private flight to Rome from the nearby airport of Ampugnano.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Double bed (or 2 Twins), En-suite bathroom with tub and shower, Outdoor entrance
- Bedroom 2: Double bed (or 2 Twins), En-suite bathroom with tub and shower, Terrace, Outdoor entrance
- Bedroom 3: Double bed (or 2 Twins), En-suite bathroom with tub and shower
- Bedroom 4: Double bed (or 2 Twins), En-suite bathroom with tub and shower
- Bedroom 5: Double bed (or 2 Twins), En-suite bathroom with tub and shower
- Bedroom 6: Double bed (or 2 Twins), En-suite bathroom with tub and shower
- Bedroom 7: Double bed (or 2 Twins), En-suite bathroom with tub and shower
- Bedroom 8: Double bed (or 2 Twins), En-suite bathroom with shower, Shared living area with fireplace and access to steps leading down to main courtyard
- Bedroom 9: Double bed (or 2 Twins), En-suite bathroom with shower, Shared living area with Bedroom 11 (ideal for friends sharing)
- Bedroom 10: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Small living area, Outdoor entrance
- Bedroom 11: Double bed (or 2 Twins), En-suite bathroom with tub and shower
- Bedroom 12: Double bed (or 2 Twins), En-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 13: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with tub and shower, Outdoor entrance
- Bedroom 14: Double bed (or 2 Twins), En-suite bathroom with shower, Living area, Dining area, Separate building, Entrance from courtyard
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Wheelchair accessible
- Air conditiong (extra cost)
- Media room
- DVD player
- Satellite television
- Wi-Fi access
- Washing machine
- Hair dryer
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Infinity pool (not heated)
- Sauna (4 hours/day access)
- Alfresco shower
- Outdoor furniture
- Changing rooms
- Alfresco dining
- BBQ grill
- Outdoor kitchen in vegetable garden
- Astronomy observatory – advance notice required)
- Gated property
STAFF & SERVICES
- Daily maid service from 9 – 12pm
- Continental breakfast
- Maintenance technician
- Pool maintenance
- Normal use of utilities
- Baby equipment available
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Air conditioning/Heating consumption – Euro180/day
- Adventure activities – see Additional Information below
- Linen change service
- Cook service
- Waiting staff
- Meal plan
- Child care service
- Additional staff
- Butler service
- Laundry & Ironing service
- 15 minute drive to:
- 29.6 km drive to Sienna
- 97.5 km to punta Ala Golf Course and Castilgione della Pescia beach
- 143 km to Pisa Galilei Airport (PSA)
- 226 km to Rome Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO)
- 40 minute private flight to Rome
- 100 km to Florence
The following activities can be arranged for guests:
- Mountain bike riding
- Horse riding
- Walking tours
- Cooking classes
- Hot air balloon trips
- Aerial flights over Tuscany
- A day at the shepherd's cottage making pecorino cheese
- Wine and olive tasting at local wineries
- Rental car with private driver
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 1 more
+ 5 more
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.