Medieval village near Montalcino
44 guests · 22 bedrooms · 25 baths
Whether you’re gathering to celebrate, reunite, or plan for the future, Borgo Finocchieto offers ample space, luxurious amenities and a beautiful historic setting near Siena. Finocchieto was abandoned in the 1960s after nearly 800 years as a farming village, but it’s been restored to offer 22 bedrooms, event space for 50 and hotel-like comforts in what was once a manor house and farmhouses. Rent out the whole property or, during the low season, one of the smaller villas for a more private escape.
The villa is arranged around a central piazza that was once the village square. Groups can gather in the courtyard, indoor and outdoor dining areas, conference facility, ballroom, media room, wine-tasting room and teaching kitchen. Or everyone can spread out and enjoy the garden, pool, library, exercise room, piano and video games. No detail has been overlooked; the villa even has voltage adapters, air conditioning and Wi-Fi access, and staff to assist with anything else.
Though Borgo Finocchieto has been given new life, the restoration has preserved original features like beamed ceilings, cotto floors and stone walls, and even new features like the pool nod to the past through stonework, tile accents and warm colors. Living rooms have both brick arches and leather club chairs, and several dining rooms offer both elegant and rustic spaces for formal dinners or casual breakfasts. There’s a professional teaching kitchen as well as additional kitchens in the farmhouses for extra cooking space.
The villa’s twenty-two bedrooms are spread out across a manor house and four farmhouses. Each bedroom has a king bed and en-suite bathroom; many have extra features like a fireplace, private balcony, dressing room or sitting area. There are nine bedrooms in the Finocchieto manor house, two bedrooms each in the Colussi and Filippi farmhouses, five bedrooms in the Fede farmhouse and four bedrooms in the Santa Teresa farmhouse.
If you’re visiting with a smaller group in low or medium season, consider renting out just the Fede farmhouse. Its spacious yet cozy great room has plump sofas pulled up to a fireplace, seating for twelve around a farmhouse-style dining table and a full country kitchen. Two outdoor terraces with sitting and dining areas, not to mention beautiful views of the valley, and five bedrooms complete the accommodations for up to ten guests.
For groups of eight or less, the Santa Teresa villa, also available to rent by itself during low and medium season, is a perfect fit. Once used as a chapel, the calm four-bedroom house is now devoted to modern comfort, with a charming living room, a welcoming eat-in kitchen and both formal and al-fresco dining areas. A cheery yellow and blue palette enlivens Santa Teresa, while traditional architecture and views of the countryside ground the space.
Guests in search of a truly intimate getaway can book the Filippi farmhouse during low or medium season. With only two bedroom suites, each with their own sitting area, it’s just the right size for four people or less. The full kitchen and dining room are bright and appealing, and open onto an east-facing terrace to catch the morning sun. In the evenings, snug up by the living room’s fireplace and switch on the surround sound to set the mood.
Though chef service is available at extra cost, a grocery store and restaurants in the village of Buonconvento are just 5 minutes away. It’s a 15-minute drive to Montalcino, a 30-minute drive to Siena, an hour’s drive to the nearest golf course, and a 75-minute drive to Florence. If you’d like to go further, Roma, Pisa, the beach and the Florence airport are each 90 minutes away, and Rome’s airport is a 150-minute drive away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
Finocchieto Manor House
- Bedroom 1 - Master - Medici: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and jetted tub, Steam shower, Sauna, Fireplace, Mini fridge, Sound system, Wet bar, Private balcony
- Bedroom 2 - Borghese: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and jetted tub, Fireplace, Mini fridge, Sound system
- Bedroom 3 - Da Vinci: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub, Mini fridge, Sound system
- Bedroom 4 - Michelangelo: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub, Mini bar, Sound system, Private balcony
- Bedroom 5 - Botticelli: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub, Mini fridge, Sound system, Sitting room
- Bedroom 6 - Machiavelli: King size bed, Pull-out sofa, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub, Mini fridge, Sound system, Sitting room, Elevator access
- Bedroom 7 - Brunelleschi: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub, Mini fridge, Sound system
- Bedroom 8 - Galileo: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub, Dressing area, Mini fridge, Sound system
- Bedroom 9 - Dante: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub, Mini fridge, Sound system
Colussi Farm House
- Bedroom 10 - Vespucci: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub
- Bedroom 11 - Colmbo: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub
Filippi Farm House
- Bedroom 12 - Verdi: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub, Dressing area
- Bedroom 13 - Puccioni: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub
Fede Farm House
- Bedroom 14 - Signorelli: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 15 - Duccio: King size bed, Pull out sofa, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub
- Bedroom 16 - Caravaggio: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub
- Bedroom 17 - Giotto: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 18 - Raphael: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower
Santa Teresa Farm House
- Bedroom 19: King size bed, Pull out sofa, En-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 20 -Santa Teresa: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub
- Bedroom 21 - Ghiberti: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub
- Bedroom 22 - Donattello: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Mini fridge
- Satellite television
- DVD players
- Nintendo Wii
- PlayStation 3
- Home Theater
- Wi-Fi access
- Voltage adapters
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Washer & Dryer
- Heating system
- Alarm system
- Child proof villa
- Baby equipment
- Exercise room
- Fitness equipment
- Indoor jetted tub
- Pool open from May 1 through October 15 (weather permitting, both dates are flexible)
- Outdoor plunge pool
- Alfresco dining
- Benches and sitting areas
- Outdoor charcoal BBQ
- Sporting equipment
STAFF & SERVICES
- Chef service for breakfast
- Wait staff
- Pool & Spa attendant
- Villa manager
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Chef service for lunch and dinner
- Meal plan
- Spa treatment
- Additional staff
- Private yacht rental
- 5 minute drive to:
- Grocery Store
- 18 km to Montalcino
- 32.9 km to:
- 29.3 km to Royal Golf La Bagnaia
- 105 km to Florence Center
- 115 km to:
- Florence Airport
- 241 km to Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 5 more
+ 9 more
94 min(s) drive
Pisa International Airport
130 min(s) drive
Leonardo da Vinci International Airport
169 min(s) drive
Points of Interest
7 min(s) drive
24 min(s) drive
44 min(s) drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.