16th-century farmhouse surrounded by orange trees
12 guests · 6 bedrooms · 6 baths
One of the most remarkable Puglia villa rentals available, this restored 16th-century masseria (fortified farmhouse) stands proudly on the ancient Appian Way. If you are looking for a luxurious holiday retreat brimming with character and history, this stunning property is for you.
Deep in the countryside and surrounded by olive groves, Villa Pizzorusso is the ideal place to get away from it all. The secluded gardens, filled with orange trees and aromatic herbs, are wonderfully private, and you’ll love the magnificent 80 ft (25 m) swimming pool. Enjoy a morning coffee or early evening aperitif on the extensive first-floor terrace and take in the views across the peaceful landscape.
The character of the grand old masseria is still in evidence throughout. Enter the interior through the arched portal and step into a world of barrel-vaulted ceilings, stone arches and a wealth of period details that wouldn’t look out of place on a film set. Different parts of the building date from different eras: the main wing, complete with five cupolas and frescoed ceilings, was added in the 18th century, while the main living area – including an open-plan kitchen – is located within the 17th-century stables.
There’s plenty of space to accommodate up to twelve guests. Each bedroom is air-conditioned and simply furnished with neutral tones and traditional wood furniture, while the bathrooms feature striking contemporary fixtures. Four of the bedrooms are located in the main villa with the two upstairs bedrooms having private entrances and secluded access from the ground floor, while two more are located in a smaller stone building in the courtyard.
There is much to see and do in the area – from the beaches of the Ionian and Adriatic coasts, to the whimsical conical architecture of the local trulli dwellings. Gourmet travelers should stop at the charming local market town of Mesagne, with its bakeries, wine co-ops and cheese shops (the fresh mozzarella and ricotta are made daily). Puglia is also rich in picturesque medieval cities, such as Ostuni and Otranto, their atmospheric narrow streets lined with an abundance of restaurants specializing in the delectable local cuisine.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHRROM
Main Building - First Floor Apartment
- Bedroom 1 – Camera Est: Queen size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Air conditioning, Acess to Private balcony, Private entrance
- Bedroom 2 – Camera Ovest: Queen size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Air conditioning, Direct access to Terrace, Private entrance
Main Building - Ground Floor
- Bedroom 3 – Camera Nord: Queen size bed, Sofa bed, En-suite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Air conditioning, Garden view, Private entrance, Fireplace
- Bedroom 4 – Camera Sud: Queen size bed, Sofa bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Garden view, Private entrance
- Bedroom 5 – L’angolo: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning, Garden view, Private entrance
- Bedroom 6 - Casupola: Queen size bed, 2 Single beds, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Garden view, Private entrance
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Air conditioning
- High speed internet access
- Home theatre
- Television with English channels
- DVD player
- laundry room
- Swimming pool
- Pool fence
- Alfresco dining
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining
- BBQ grill
- Vegetable garden
STAFF & SERVICES
- Villa manager
- Pool keeping
- Daily maid service except Sunday
- Mid-week towel change
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Cook/chef service
- Driving service
- Event fee
- 5 minute drive to town of Mesagne
- 10 minute drive to:
- Tennis court
- Grocery store
- Medical center
- 69 km to port town of Brindisi
- Ferry Service (Greece)
- Brindisi Salento Airport (BDS)
- 74 km to the baroque city of Lecce
- TGV Train Service (Eurostar, Trenitalia)
- 129 to Puglia’s capital city of Bari
- Ferry Service (Croatia, Greece)
- Bari Karol Wojtyła Airport (BRI)
- 72 km to The Trulli of Alberobello (UNESCO)
- 82 km to San Domenico Golf Club
- 175 km Castel to del Monte (UNESCO)
- 6.5 km from the Ionian Sea coast
- 74 km to Gallipoli (Serviced Beaches, Nightlife, Restaurants)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Pool safety fence
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. If you cancel within 60 days of the trip, the reservation is non-refundable.