Contemporary villa overlooking mountains and lake
12 guests · 6 bedrooms · 5.5 baths
Find a warm welcome amid breathtaking scenery at The Dacha. This South Island, New Zealand, vacation rental, whose name translates to “second home,” is a haven of modern design set in the rugged mountains around Wanaka. It’s an incredible spot to chase outdoor adventure with friends—or simply to take in the views and reconnect with family.
Looking out over the lake and mountains, you might feel like the only people for miles. Relish the feeling from very private outdoor living areas with a swimming pool, hot tub and barbecue. The villa also features a TV, Wi-Fi and fireplace, as well as hidden touches of luxury such as underfloor heating. Your holiday here includes a fruit bowl and fresh flowers upon arrival, plus pantry essentials like coffee and tea.
The contemporary architecture of The Dacha pairs local Otago schist stonework with warm wood paneling to stunning effect. But it has substance as well as style; the living area, dining area and fully equipped kitchen in the main great room are thoughtfully placed next to an outdoor room with sitting and dining areas, so you can easily move between the two in warmer weather.
The villa’s main house has three bedrooms with king beds and en-suite bathrooms, and two bedrooms with two bunk beds each that share a bathroom. Guests can also opt to reserve The Banya, a pavilion with its own double bed, en-suite bathroom, living area and kitchenette. With its separate entrance and mountain views, it’s wonderful for couples seeking honeymoon-style privacy.
The Wanaka area is an amazing base for outdoor activities of all kinds—and it’s practically at the doorstep of The Dacha. It’s a short drive to the charming downtown, where you can arrange a kayaking trip, fishing excursion or even a jet-boat ride. Ski on the slopes of Treble Cone or Cardrona Alpine Resort, explore Mount Aspiring National Park or, for a tamer activity, visit the nearby Wanaka Lavender Farm.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Dual Vanity, Walk-in Closet, Television, Safe, View of Lake Wanaka and mountains, Direct access to back patio
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Walk-in Closet, Lounge area, Fireplace, Television
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, View of Lake Wanaka and mountains
- Bedroom 4: 2 Bunk beds, Bathroom shared with Bedroom 5 with stand-alone shower
- Bedroom 5: 2 Bunk beds, Bathroom shared with Bedroom 4 with stand-alone shower
Banya (seperate pavilion)
- Bedroom 6: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Lounge area, Television, Kitchenette, View of Lake Wanaka and mountains
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining area with seating for 10
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Underfloor heating
- Ceiling fans
- Swimming Pool - heated (summer months only)
- Hot tub (heating included)
STAFF & SERVICES
- Basic pantry provisions
- Bottled water in bedrooms
- Fruit bowl & fresh flowers (upon arrival)
- Mid stay clean (bookings of 5 nights and over)
- Nespresso coffee & a selection of premium teas
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Driving service
- Airport transfer
- Villa pre-stocking
- Babysitting Service
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 5.8 km to Wanaka Town
- 8.6 km to Wanaka Lavender Farm
- 60 km to Mount Aspiring National Park
- 28 km to Treble Cone
- 40 km to Cardrona Alpine Resort
- 68 km to Queenstown Airport (ZQN)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 10 people
+ 2 more
Wanaka, New Zealand
Queenstown Airport (ZQN)
69 min(s) drive
26 min(s) drive
32 min(s) drive
Points of Interest
9 min(s) drive
Wanaka Lavender Farm
11 min(s) drive
Mount Aspiring National Park
58 min(s) drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. If you cancel within 60 days of the trip, the reservation is non-refundable.