Bold modernist design and expansive mountain views
8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4 baths
This architectural gem is nestled on the shores of Lake Wakatipu, on the South Island of New Zealand, close to the ski resorts at Coronet Peak and The Remarkables. The modernist design maximizes the villa's privileged position, with breathtaking mountain views in virtually every living area and bedroom, expansive outdoor spaces (including a superb rooftop terrace), and a beautiful water feature inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater house. Exceptional amenities for wellness and relaxation include a sauna, outdoor hot tub, gym, and two gourmet kitchens (indoor and outdoor). Air conditioning, heating, a home office, and an elevator create a comfortable environment for guests of all ages. The four bedrooms at Cascata—all with outdoor living areas—accommodate families and groups of friends up to eight in size.
Multiple outdoor living spaces invite you to savor the alpine air and spectacular views. On the main level, the open-concept living and dining area open to a lake-facing terrace and an alfresco dining patio, featuring a barbeque grill, rustic pizza oven, cocktail lounge, and table for twelve beneath a pergola. The hot tub is perched on the ground floor, while the extraordinary roof terrace features a lounge, with panoramic views encompassing Cecil Peak, The Remarkables, Kelvin Heights Golf Course, and the lake.
Wall-to-wall glass doors infuse the interiors with natural light and lake-fresh breezes. The beautifully furnished lounge with high-end entertainment system flows gracefully into the dining area, where the open kitchen features chef-grade appliances and a wide breakfast bar. The villa also includes a superb home office and gym (both with inspiring views), as well as a cozy home theater. A cutting-edge LED lighting system evokes an enchanting ambiance at night.
The master suite features a king bed, private balcony with breathtaking views, and ensuite bathroom with dual vanity, open shower, and lovely soaking tub. The second and third bedrooms share a balcony between them, as well as a deluxe bathroom. The fourth room, with king bed, opens to a terrace and shares a bathroom with the gym.
Beyond this lakeside sanctuary, you're just three kilometers from SKYCITY Queenstown Casino, and within easy reach of Wakatipu Yacht Club, Queenstown Golf Course, and some of the finest skiing and hiking in New Zealand.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Dual Vanity, Dressing Area, Fireplace, Smart television, Air conditioning, Private balcony with outdoor furniture, Direct access to spa and sauna
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom with bedroom 3, Stand-alone shower & bathtub, Dual Vanity, Air conditioning, Balcony with outdoor furniture (shared with bedroom 3)
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom with bedroom 2, Stand-alone shower & bathtub, Dual Vanity, Air conditioning, Balcony with outdoor furniture (shared with bedroom 2)
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom with Gym, Stand-alone shower & bathtub, Dual Vanity, Air conditioning, Terrace
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining area with seating for 12
- Television with Sky TV
- Pod coffee machine
- Underfloor Heating
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Security system
- Air conditioning
- Sound System
- Exercise room
- Media room
- Ice maker
- Alfresco dining with seating for 12
- Lake Wakatipu & Mountain Views
- Hot tub (heating included)
- Outdoor fireplace
- Outdoor Kitchen
- Alfresco shower
- Gated property
- Pizza oven
STAFF & SERVICES
- Welcome platter - Upon arrival
- 1 Bottle of Champagne - Upon arrival
- Turndown service - Every third day for stays of 5+ nights
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Chef service
- Airport transfer
- Additional housekeeping
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 3.1 km to Skyline Queenstown Skycity Casino
- 13 km to Wakatipu Yacht Club
- 13 km to Queenstown Golf Course
- 19 km to Coronet Peak Ski Area
- 21 km to The Remarkables Ski Area
- 4.8 km to Queenstown Airport (ZQN)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 12 people
+ 6 more
Queenstown, New Zealand
Queenstown Airport (ZQN)
7 min(s) drive
Queenstown Golf Course
17 min(s) drive
Coronet Peak Ski Area
26 min(s) drive
The Remarkables Ski Area
33 min(s) drive
Points of Interest
Wakatipu Yacht Club
17 min(s) drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. If you cancel within 60 days of the trip, the reservation is non-refundable.