Renovated 15th-century estate near Montgat Beach
10 guests · 5 bedrooms · 5.5 baths
Travel back to a quieter time at Masia Can Casals. This beautiful Barcelona country house dates from the 15th century, and while a recent renovation has added touches of modern luxury, it hasn’t lost any of its charm. With more than 7,000 square feet of space, five bedrooms, and a location that’s close to the city yet tranquil and private, it’s an ideal retreat for up to ten guests.
Your holiday at the villa includes access to a shared pool and padel court. Of course, you can also relax around the villa’s own saltwater pool, or around its al-fresco lounging and dining areas. In spite of the property’s historic bona fides, its high-tech amenities range from a satellite TV and Wi-Fi to air conditioning and even an elevator.
Beamed ceilings, brick archways, and stone and wood floors nod to the villa’s heritage in the comfortable living and dining rooms. Thanks to the recent renovation, however, you can now take a seat on a sleek sectional or a buttery leather sofa. The adjacent kitchen is fully equipped and has a practical island layout.
Each of the five bedrooms at this vacation rental has two twin beds and an en-suite bathroom. The beds can be separated if you’re traveling with friends, or combined to form king beds if you’re traveling with family.
From Masia Can Casals, you can walk to downtown Alella, where you’ll find shops, restaurants, a park and bus service to central Barcelona. By car, it’s less than 10 minutes to the broad, honeymoon-worthy stretch of Montgat Beach, or about 20 minutes to the popular beaches closer to downtown. Even if you’re keen to relax, it’s well worth taking a day trip into the city for its fabulous architecture and memorable cuisine.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Two twin size beds (or one king size bed), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television, Lounge area, Access to elevator
- Bedroom 2: Two twin size beds (or one king size bed) Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television
- Bedroom 3: Two twin size beds (or one king size bed), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Dual vanity,Television
- Bedroom 4: Two twin beds (or one king size bed), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity,Television, Lounge area
- Bedroom 5: Two twin beds (or one king size bed), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Television, Lounge area, Safe
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 14
- Nespresso machine
- Satellite television
- Air conditioning
- Salt water swimming pool - unheated
- Sun loungers
- Alfresco dining with seating for 24
- Indoor garage - 3 cars
STAFF & SERVICES
- Pool maintenance
- Access to shared padel court & swimming pool
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Daily housekeeping
- Breakfast service
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Dry cleaning
- Private chef
Points of Interest
- 10 km to Badalona
- 19 km to Barcelona
- 88 km to Girona
- 5 km to Montgat
- 11 km to Badalona Beach
- 19 km to Platja de la Barceloneta
- 17 km to Barcelone-El Prat (BCN)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 24 people
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
No refund after booking