22 guests · 11 bedrooms · 10.5 baths
Rising out a verdant Tuscan valley, this delightful and historic castle is set in the idyllic green surroundings of the Val d'Orcia. Fully renovated, the exterior stone turns golden at sunset, with guests free to enjoy the grand rooms, gardens, vineyard, courtyard and poolside lawns. A profusion of charming villages, vineyards and nature reserves are just minutes away, with majestic Siena nearby.
Visible from kilometres away, the heights of Castelnuovo Tancredi announce themselves upon the guest from a distance. Entering the welcoming and Italian-tiled foyer, guests will experience a perfect night’s sleep in the huge bedrooms that feature vaulted ceilings and canopy beds. When morning dawns, guests can take in the stunning, rolling hillsides of the protected valley from the villa’s open-air terrace, before exploring the rambling, beautifully maintained gardens, the blue pearl that is the villa’s pool, or the perfectly-maintained tennis court. The stone, ivy-lined walls of the impressive inner courtyard make for a perfect oasis of peace, with the afternoon warmth emanating around the shaded alfresco table.
This villa is surrounded by a wealth of day-trip options. Guests can taste the riches of the vineyard and visit the impressive wine cellars that buttress the castle, or venture a few minutes away to the charming medieval streets of the village of Buonconvento. To the east, the forest paths and impressive viewpoints of two nature reserves make for excellent hiking and family outing options. The Renaissance-splendor of Siena is on full display less than 30 minutes to the north, with the town’s stunning central square and UNESCO-protected architecture providing a jaw-dropping example of Italy’s rich history. After a day spent exploring the riches of the countryside, return to the huge interior dining space of the castle to savor a hearty Italian meal, before taking a rich glass of Sangiovese on the moonlit terrace.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Dual vanity, Bidet, Air conditioning, Desk, Fireplace, Private balcony, Garden view
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Shared access to hallway bathroom, Shower/bathtub combo, Bidet, Air conditioning, Fireplace
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Bidet, Air conditioning, Desk, Fireplace
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Bidet, Air conditioning, Fireplace
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Bidet, Air conditioning, Office space, Crib, Fireplace
- Bedroom 6: 2 Twin size beds, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Bidet, Air conditioning, Lounge area, Television, Fireplace
- Bedroom 7: King size bed, Shared access to bathroom with Bedroom 9, Shower/bathtub combo, Bidet, Air conditioning, Fireplace
- Bedroom 8: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Shared access to bathroom in Bedroom 8, Shower/bathtub combo, Bidet, Air conditioning, Desk, Fireplace
- Bedroom 9: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Bidet, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 10: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Bidet, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 11: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with shower/ tub combo, Bidet,
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- 2 Fully equipped kitchens
- Formal dining area with seating for 18
- Ice maker
- Satellite television
- Wood fireplace
- Air conditioned bedrooms
- Heating system
- Exercise room
- Exercise equipment
- Swimming pool - unheated
- Sun loungers
- Charcoal barbecue
- Pizza oven
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 18
- Foosball table
- Parking - 10 spaces
- Gated property
STAFF & SERVICES
- Daily housekeeping
- Laundry service
- Access to tennis court and Castiglion Del Bosco Golf Club
- Concierge service
- Complementary breakfast
- Chef service
- Electricity consumption
- Linen change - on Tuesday and Saturday
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Airport transfer
- Private chef
- Villa pre-stocking
- Grocery shopping services
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 7 minute drive to Buonconvento local shops and restaurants
- 18 km to Montalcino
- 27 km La Bagnaia golf course
- 32 km to Siena
- 102 km to Florence
- 151 km to Pisa
- 212 km to Rome
- 116 km to Florence Airport (FLR)
- 242 km to Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Portable air conditioning
+ 6 more
93 min(s) drive
Leonardo da Vinci International Airport
168 min(s) drive
La Bagnaia Golf & Spa Resort Siena, Curio Collection by Hilton
32 min(s) drive
Points of Interest
6 min(s) drive
23 min(s) drive
42 min(s) drive
99 min(s) drive
136 min(s) drive
166 min(s) drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.