10 guests · 5 bedrooms · 5.5 baths
Install yourself somewhere very special with this immaculate mansion on the outskirts of the medieval wonder that is Saint-Émilion. Located in the heart of Gironde wine country, the grand house, walled gardens and pool are located right outside the town’s ancient ramparts. With bright, airy and attractive interiors, the home is close to the fascinating town, countryside restaurants and vineyards.
The stone walls and lush creepers of the Pomoeria gardens give this home a sense of old world grandeur and country charm, enclosing as they do the manicured lawns, spotless terrace and blue pearl that is the villa’s pool. Creepers festoon the exterior of the two story home, but compliment rather than obscure the high, light-loving windows and regal bearing of the home. The interiors are wonderfully updated, and facilitate a joyful amount of light throughout the wooden floors and premium upholstery. A homely, attractive yet highly spacious kitchen and dining area ensures that mealtimes are a pleasure, while the sun recliners dotted around the pool constantly call out to guests to come out and bask in the south of France sunshine. The intriguing walls of the town are visible from the garden, announcing the town’s age and status.
Saint-Émilion needs no introduction, with the UNESCO-listed town representing one of the best preserved examples of Romanesque and early medieval architecture in the entire of Europe. Walk from the villa to ascend the famous towers of the town’s churches to gain a stunning view of the vineyards that stretch for miles in each direction, and take in the ancient temples and preserved streets that wind through the town’s core. The riverside town of Libourne, with it’s fantastic preserved bridge is just a short car journey away, while Bordeaux is also accessible via a short drive. Take home some of the wines of countless local vineyards as well as local cheese and cured meats, to taste in the green, blooming garden of the villa as the sun drops amongst the nearby spires of Saint-Émilion.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Air conditioning, Safe, Vineyard view
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Air conditioning, Pool view, Safe, Vineyard view
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Air conditioning, Safe, Garden and pool view
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Air conditioning, Safe, Vineyard and garden views
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Air conditioning, Safe, Garden and pool view
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining area with seating for 12
- Wine cellar
- Ice maker
- Office space
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Iron/Ironing board
- Swimming pool
- Gas barbecue
- Sun loungers
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 8
- Parking - 6 spaces
- Gated property
- Security cameras - outward facing
STAFF & SERVICES
- Housekeeping - 3 hrs per day & Concierge service
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Airport transfer
- Villa pre-stocking (food and wine, owners have an extensive wine list)
- Concierge service (activities and excursions, including guided wine tours and tastings)
- Chef at home
- Additional Housekeeping
- Bespoke winemaking experience at VINIV (co-owned by the owners of Pomœria and Château Lynch-Bages)
Points of Interest:
- 1 minute walk to Saint-Émilion village
- 10 km to Libourne
- 43 km to Bordeaux center (accessible by train)
- 82 km to Bergerac
- 108 km to Arcachon Bay
- 116 km to Cognac
- 54 km to Bordeaux Airport (BOD)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 8 more
42 min(s) drive
Points of Interest
4 min(s) drive
14 min(s) drive
47 min(s) drive
63 min(s) drive
80 min(s) drive
99 min(s) drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.