6 guests · 3 bedrooms · 3 baths
Lanterns glow around the lawn and pool of this colonial-style circa 1905 home on South Africa’s Kwandwe Private Game Reserve. Its traditional architecture—wood floors, high ceilings, stand-alone bathtubs—is a slice of sophistication in an untouched landscape. A full staff (and an invisible fence) will keep you comfortable in this outpost less than 2 hours from Port Elizabeth.
See the reserve’s 22,000 hectares of wilderness on game drives included in your stay. Kwandwe is the largest private reserve in South Africa—and teeming with lions, elephants, rhinos, leopards, and Cape Buffalo. Open vehicles mean there aren’t any windows between you and the animals, and day and night itineraries mean you’ll see a range of wildlife. (The area is also malaria free, so you don’t have to worry about mosquito bites.) Get even closer to the landscape on a guided walking safari or fishing trip to Galpin Dam.
Start the day with breakfast in the bush and finish with sunset drinks or a scenic dinner. The reserve puts on safaris and activities suited to children, while grown-ups can ask to volunteer at the Mgcamabele Community Centre, which serves remote Eastern Cape communities.
For a stay tailored to your group, ask about adding experiences like a rhino monitoring drive or winter walking safari, where you’ll trek through habitats by day and sleep under the stars at night. Track rhinos under the guidance of Kwandwe’s experts on a rhino conservation safari—and book a massage for when you’re back at the villa.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Desk, Fireplace, Safe, Air conditioning, Private patio
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twin beds), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Desk, Safe, Air conditioning, Private patio
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twin beds), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Desk, Safe, Air conditioning, Private patio
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining room with seating for 8
- Ice maker
- Mini bar
- Air conditioning
- Satellite television
- Child friendly
- Radiant floor heating
- Swimming pool - unheated
- Alfresco dining with seating for 8
- Sun loungers
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor terrace
- Fenced property
STAFF & SERVICES
- Chef (all meals included)
- South African premium & sparkling wines, local & premium spirits, beers & soft drinks
- Childminding service
- Safari driver/vehicle for morning & afternoon game drives
- Round trip airport transfer from Kwandwe private airstrip
At Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Spa treatment
- Winter Wilderness Walking
- Save The Rhino Drive
- Rhino Conservation Safari
- Campfire Cooking
- Specialist Safari
- Airport transfer from Port Elizabeth International Airport (PLZ)
- Located within Kwandwe Private Game Reserve
- 28.7 km to Makhanda Aerodrome (Kwandwe private airstrip)
- 160 km to Port Elizabeth International Airport (PLZ)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Kwandwe Private Game Reserve, South Africa
31 min(s) drive
Port Elizabeth International Airport
91 min(s) drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. If you cancel within 60 days of the trip, the reservation is non-refundable.