8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4.5 baths
Gently rolling hills stretch to the horizon around this modern safari lodge in South Africa’s Kwandwe Private Game Reserve. Set on a rise overlooking a watering hole for wildlife, this fully staffed villa lets you watch wildlife from your own watering hole (the swimming pool) or dine out in the boma. While it feels remote, it’s a short flight or 105-minute drive from Port Elizabeth.
Start the day with breakfast in the bush, then set off on a game drive included in your stay, where you can spot the Big 5 along with a range of bird species. Open vehicles mean there aren’t any windows between you and the animals, and Kwandwe is both the largest private reserve in South Africa and malaria free. If you’re keen to get some photos or spot a particular bird, ask about having one of the reserve’s photographic or birdwatching experts accompany your drive.
You can also take a guided walking safari, send the kids off on children’s activities, and ask about volunteering at the Mgcamabele Community Centre before finishing the day with sunset drinks and an alfresco dinner.
Tailor your stay by adding experiences such as a rhino monitoring drive or rhino conservation safari, where you’ll get the chance to track rhinos under the guidance of Kwandwe’s experts. Learn how to braai like a South African during a campfire cooking class with one of the reserve chefs, and treat yourself with an in-villa manicure or massage.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Safe, Nespresso, Mini bar, Air conditioning, Private patio
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Safe, Nespresso, Mini bar, Air conditioning, Private patio
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Safe, Air conditioning, Private patio
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Safe, Air conditioning, Private patio
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining room with seating for 8
- Ice maker
- Air conditioning
- Satellite television
- Wine cellar
- Spa room
- Exercise equipment
- Child friendly
- Swimming pool - unheated
- Alfresco dining with seating for 8
- Sun loungers
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor terrace
- Fenced property
STAFF & SERVICES
- Chef (all meals included)
- South African premium & sparkling wines, local & premium spirits, beers & soft drinks
- Childminding service
- Safari driver/vehicle for morning & afternoon game drives
- Round trip airport transfer from Kwandwe private airstrip
At Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Spa treatment
- Winter Wilderness Walking
- Save The Rhino Drive
- Rhino Conservation Safari
- Campfire cooking
- Specialist safari
- Airport transfer from Port Elizabeth International Airport (PLZ)
- Located within Kwandwe Private Game Reserve
- 28.7 km to Makhanda Aerodrome (Kwandwe private airstrip)
- 160 km to Port Elizabeth International Airport (PLZ)
2 single beds, Ensuite bathroom
2 single beds, Ensuite bathroom
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Kwandwe Private Game Reserve, South Africa
31 min(s) drive
Port Elizabeth International Airport
91 min(s) drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. If you cancel within 60 days of the trip, the reservation is non-refundable.