Alan Pye Cottage
4 guests · 2 bedrooms · 3.5 baths
Wake up to the soothing sound of the Waikato River flowing downstream to Huka Falls at this unique cottage in Taupo. Step outside for a closer look; maybe pour yourself a coffee to enjoy down by the river’s edge. When the flowing waters have inspired you, dive into the infinity pool, or relax in the hot tub. Later, grab your camera and walk 10-minutes to snap a few vacation photos at Huka Falls.
Wander the lush gardens, lawns, and riverside to find the perfect spot to sit and read on a lazy afternoon at the Alan Pye Cottage. Inside, an eclectic mix of furnishings, Maori antiquities, and bold paintings shows off the cottage’s commitment to fine detail. Alan Pye Cottage takes full advantage of its prime location with an open-air layout, featuring floor-to-ceiling doorways on both the river and garden sides of the living room. The enclosed courtyard is the perfect gathering place for late-nights with old friends. Sip local wine while you chat and relax in the hot tub or in the lounge areas that surround this cottage getaway.
Seven minutes beyond Huka Lodge gates, you’ll find the township of Taupo’s boutique shops and quaint family-run restaurants. Drive a little further, and you’ll hit the larger city of Rotorua, where nightlife and shopping await. If you’d prefer, stay on-site and explore the grounds to find a full array of amenities
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twin size beds), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Gas fireplace, Lounge area, Safe, Air conditioning, Direct access to terrace, Outdoor furniture
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twin size beds), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Gas fireplace, Lounge area, Safe, Air conditioning, Direct access to terrace, Outdoor furniture
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 8
- Gas fireplace
- Satellite television
- Office space
- Air conditioning
- Heated floors
- Iron/Ironing board
- Infinity swimming pool - heating included
- Hot tub - heating included
- Alfresco dining with seating for 4
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor fireplace
- Sun loungers
- Parking- 2 spaces
STAFF & SERVICES
- Airport transfer - Taupo Airport (TUO)
- Daily housekeeping
- Full country breakfast
- Pre-dinner drinks and canapés
- Five-course gourmet dinner
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Activities & excursions
- Spa services
SHARED ACCESS TO AMENITIES AT HUKA LODGE
- Tennis court
- Yoga lawn
Points of Interest:
- 10 minute walk to Huka Falls
- 7 minute drive to the township of Taupo
- 78 km to Rotorua
- 13 km to Taupo Airport (TUO)
- 83 km to Rotorua International Airport (ROT)
- 260 km to Auckland International Airport (AKL)
- 384 km to Wellington International Airport (WLG)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Taupo, New Zealand
16 min(s) drive
Rotorua International Airport
63 min(s) drive
Auckland International Airport
191 min(s) drive
Wellington International Airport
296 min(s) drive
Points of Interest
7 min(s) drive
9 min walking
57 min(s) drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.