8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4 baths
The Tuscan sun warms wrought-iron chairs and jasmine scents the air in the hidden courtyard of this 19th-century farmhouse that’s been given a country-estate makeover. The look is classic—stone floors, ceiling beams, terracotta tile, marble surfaces—but the renovation was recent. From the setting on the banks of the Arno River, it’s only a few kilometers to the center of Florence.
Stop to smell the flowers, quite literally, at the outdoor sitting areas in the courtyard or listen to the breeze rustle in the trees while stretched out on a lounger in the private garden. The residence is part of Villa La Massa, which was built in the 14th century as a country house. It’s since been transformed into a luxury hotel, but still sits on 22 acres of gardens, olive groves, and lemon trees that are just waiting to be strolled.
The villa itself has gone from humble farmhouse to a 6,500-square-foot retreat with 4 new bedroom suites. Look for classic Tuscan touches such as stone and cotto floors, beamed and vaulted ceilings, and stone surfaces in the living and dining rooms, along with modern conveniences in the fully equipped eat-in kitchen.
With a pool, spa, riverfront restaurant, a choice of bars, and a wine cellar where you can book tastings, Villa La Massa has plenty to entertain. But you can also do as Florentine aristocrats once did and pop into the city to discover its iconic red-roofed architecture and the Renaissance masterpieces that fill its museums.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with bathtub & stand-alone rain shower, Dual vanity, Safe, Satellite television, Lounge area
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king size bed), Ensuite bathroom with bathtub & stand-alone rain shower, Bidet, Dual vanity, Satellite television, Safe, Lounge area
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with bathtub & stand-alone shower, Bidet, Dual vanity, Satellite television, Safe, Lounge area
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with bathtub & stand-alone rain shower, Bidet, Dual vanity, Television, Safe
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining area with seating for 12
- Espresso machine
- Air conditioning
- Outdoor living space
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun loungers
STAFF & SERVICES
- Daily housekeeping
- Daily buffet breakfast at Hotel restaurant
- Concierge service
- Daily shuttle to Florence city
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Airport transfer
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
SHARED ACCESS TO AMENITIES AT THE VILLA MASSA
- Swimming pool
- Sun loungers
- Parking - 50 spaces
- Access Arno Spa
- Jogging track
- Wine cellar
- Spa treatments
Points of Interest
- 10 km to Florence
- 77 km to Siena
- 97 km to Pisa
- 270 km to Rome
- 15 km to Florence Airport, Peretola (FLR)
- 299 km to Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Freestanding rain shower
+ 2 more
28 min(s) drive
Points of Interest
20 min(s) drive
63 min(s) drive
76 min(s) drive
174 min(s) drive
199 min(s) drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.