8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4 baths
Experience a stay in South Africa’s Madikwe Game Reserve that combines true wilderness seclusion with modern comforts and services. Peaceful family accommodation awaits under the soaring rafters of the home’s reed roof, with an exterior viewpoint, pool, and spacious, traditionally-inspired dining area. Look forward to daily safaris, kids activities, and visits to special conservation programs.
Nothing beats watching the African sun rise in golden splendor above the plains and bushlands of this reserve from the viewpoint balcony. Savor a freshly-prepared breakfast in the open air of the exterior dining table, before leisurely preparing for an active day in the air conditioned interior. After a satisfying lunch, sip a reviving cup of freshly-brewed rooibos tea and relax on the comfortable interior couches, or freshen up with the refreshing plunge pool and exterior shower. As evening comes, gather to watch stars peek out from the dusky sky, as candles and fireflies glow around the deck and softly lit, cozy beds await below.
Unforgettable wildlife experiences are assured and a big part of a stay at Dithaba Lodge, with daily safaris that take in Africa’s Big 5 in their natural habitats, including lions, water buffalo, cheetahs, rhinos and elephants. Join in the fun and adventure of an evening boma fire, or wind down with a facial or massage service, direct supplied to your lodge. Join in the success of this hugely successful park with special insights into how the park actively protects the country’s endangered rhino population, and empowers local communities.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Alfresco shower, Dual vanity, Safe, Fireplace, Lounge area, Plunge pool, Viewing deck, Savanna view
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Alfresco shower, Dual vanity, Safe, Fireplace, Lounge area, Plunge pool, Viewing deck, Savanna view
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Alfresco shower, Dual vanity, Safe, Fireplace, Lounge area, Plunge pool, Viewing deck, Savanna view
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Alfresco shower, Dual vanity, Safe, Fireplace, Lounge area, Plunge pool, Viewing deck, Savanna view
SHARED ACCESS TO AMENITIES AT MAIN LODGE
- Full equipped kitchen
- Dining area with seating for 8
- Air conditioning
- Swimming pool - heating included
- Fire pit
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 8
STAFF & SERVICES
- Daily housekeeping
- Daily turn-down service
- Chef service - all meals included
- Inclusive drinks and selected snacks - all soft drinks, and selection of beers, spirits and house wines
- Bush walks
- 2 game drives daily with FGASA-accredited field guide and tracker
- Game drive refreshments and snacks
- The Mack & Madi Kids’ Adventure Safari Club
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Rhino conservation experience
- In-room spa treatments
- Private open safari vehicle
- Laundry service
- Activities and excursions
- Airport transfers
Points of Interest:
- Located within Madikwe Game Reserve
- 380 km to Johannesburg
- 40 minute drive from Madikwe Eastern Airstrip
- 381 km to O. R. Tambo International Airport (JNB)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Madikwe, South Africa
Madikwe Eastern Airstrip
46 min(s) drive
O.R. Tambo International Airport
285 min(s) drive
Points of Interest
Madikwe Game Reserve
0 min(s) drive
278 min(s) drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. If you cancel within 60 days of the trip, the reservation is non-refundable.