Mvula House at Cheetah Plains
8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4 baths
Wooden slab tables, artful chandeliers, and traditional paintings punctuate the modern lodge. Cement walls exude a current contrast to textured rugs and sumptuous furniture. Towering windows allow daylight to drench the décor while creating a seamless flow between the open-concept living space and roomy terrace. Float in the azure pool under the starry sky before uncorking a bottle of crisp wine.
The property is encompassed by natural stone walls; after dark, lanterns emanate a soft glow. A focal point of the backyard is the soaring fire pit with charcoal-hued chairs that can be arranged around a table for breezy alfresco dining. All of your culinary tastes will be satisfied with the luxury of a private chef, included in your stay. An outdoor rain shower is the most deluxe way to rinse off the day’s excursions. From the oversized soaker tub, look out onto verdant vegetation. No holiday in the wild is complete without some self-pampering; a wellness therapist can arrange everything from facials to full-body massages, incorporating a range of local botanicals. Plump loungers on the terrace provide ample seating.
Game drives head out onto the safari twice a day with experienced guides pointing out some of the most elusive, sought-after creatures—including the Big Five: lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos, and buffalo. The Cheetah Plains cruisers are electric, contributing to their sustainable, unobtrusive approach to tourism. Kids will love being part of the Cub Club where they can learn about the landscape, enjoy shortened nature walks, and partake in cooking classes.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Walk-in closet, Wi-Fi, Ceiling fan, Fireplace, Heater, Minibar, Nespresso machine, Desk, Safe, Lounge, Private deck with daybed
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Walk-in closet, Wi-Fi, Ceiling fan, Fireplace, Heater, Minibar, Nespresso machine, Desk, Safe, Lounge, Private deck with daybed
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Walk-in closet, Wi-Fi, Ceiling fan, Fireplace, Heater, Minibar, Nespresso machine, Desk, Safe, Lounge, Private deck with daybed
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Walk-in closet, Wi-Fi, Ceiling fan, Fireplace, Heater, Minibar, Nespresso machine, Desk, Safe, Lounge, Private deck with daybed
SHARED ACCESS TO AMENITIES AT PLAINS HOUSE
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 24
- Wine cellar
- 2 Lounges (formal & entertainment)
- Smart TV
- Swimming pool - heating included
- Sun loungers
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 24
- Private deck area
STAFF & SERVICES
- Private host
- Chef service - all meals & beverages included
- A selection of vintage South African wines, Cap Classiques, Premium Spirits, beers & non-alcoholic beverages
- Laundry service
- Field guide & tracker
- Twice daily game drives in private Electric Land-Cruiser vehicle
- Walking safaris
- Access to Nikon D850 camera with memory card
- Access to 2 iPhone 10s per suite are preloaded with the Roberts’ bird app, Stuart’s mammal app, an astronomy app and Cheetah Plains host’s contact number
At Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Road transfers from Hoedspruit Airport or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport can be booked directly through Cheetah Plains
- Laundry service
- Spa treatment
- Golf at Skukuza Golf Course
- Daily conservation levies
Points of Interest:
- Located within Sabi Sands Game Reserve
- 435 km to Johannesburg
- 12 km to Arathusa Airstrip
- 98.9 km to Hoedspruit Airport (HDS)
- 113 km to Skukuza Airport (SZK)
- 161 km to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (MQP)
- 491 km to OR Tambo International Airport (JNB)
Ensuite bathroom, King bed, Terrace, Wifi
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa
100 min(s) drive
144 min(s) drive
Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
161 min(s) drive
O.R. Tambo International Airport
361 min(s) drive
Points of Interest
379 min(s) drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.