Private guest cottage on a gorgeous 1 acre estate in Belmont California. Minutes to San Mateo & Redwood City. 20 minutes to Palo Alto, Mountain View & San Francisco. Easy I-280 & 101 access.
775 sqft, two rooms, 3 beds, full kitchen, parking, pool, hammock & fire pit. Walk to grocery, restaurants, & shops.
*** Search the web for "LifeWeTravel Belmont Estate" to find a video walkthrough of the guest house and the grounds, as well as more information about the neighborhood and the area.***
The guest house is 775 sq ft, bright, airy unit with lots of natural light. It comes with a full kitchen, sitting area, dining area, and two rooms, one enclosed and one open (see floor plan in one of the pics).
There is a dedicated parking space for a small car, but do let us know if you have a large SUV as we can provide you with alternate parking.
• Fully enclosed with a ceiling fan, skylight, and a bay window.
• The bay window is a one-way window - you can look out but no one can see in.
• California King bed with memory foam mattress, high thread-count sheets, and two types of pillows (down-alternative and memory fiber).
• Walk-in closet with an iron and an ironing board. You'll also find lots of board games on the shelves.
• Desk and executive chair.
• Access to kitchen and bathroom.
• Second sleeping area has a bunk bed (which can be separated to be side-by-side beds) and opens up to a sitting area and the kitchen.
• Full sized bed on the lower bunk with foam mattress, and two types of pillows (down-alternative and memory fiber).
• Twin sized bed on the upper bunk with foam mattresses, and two types of pillows (down-alternative and memory fiber).
• We can separate the bunk beds if you would prefer they not be stacked in bunk bed format (as pictured).
• We recommend no more than three adults in the property due to the configuration of the beds. Feel free to ask if you have more than three adults (please describe your specific situation) and we will respond on a case-by-case basis.
• Full refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, electric kettle, counter top convection oven, microwave, double sink with pull-out faucet, and electric range stovetop.
• We stock the kitchen with dark roasted coffee, freshly ground on the morning of your arrival, half & half, and sugar. We also provide English Breakfast tea bags.
• There are skylights and ceiling fans throughout. Enjoy the fast wireless internet, cable TV and ChromeCast.
•The grounds have plenty of open space and beautiful trees, and there's a fire pit with lounge chairs where you can unwind and relax.
• Compact bathroom with a standup shower (no tub)
• partitioned toilet area
• small sink
• hair dryer
• shampoo, conditioner, shower gel provided
• Enjoy the large, gated pool and sun deck
• Swing set and slide for young kids
• Relax on the hammock right out front of the guest house, situated on a terrace next to lemon, apple and pear trees
• Fire pit and chairs
• Walk to restaurants, shops and a 24 hour grocery just around the corner
We are a professional couple, working in the tech world. We are startup founder friendly! If you are in town fundraising for your startup, we would be happy to spend an evening with you around the fire pit, hearing your pitch and giving you feedback. We enjoy 'paying it forward' to fellow entrepreneurs.
No parties or events -- this space is not suitable for large gatherings.
Feel free to enjoy the grounds but we ask that you stay below the main house structure.
We also ask that you do not disturb the plants or pick any of the fruit and vegetables.
The pool is available for our family, friends, as well as to you, our guests. So don't be surprised if you are joined at the pool by those who are not staying in the guest house with you!
Also, children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult -- no lifeguard, so swimming is at your own risk.
Interaction with guests
We have automated 24hr check-in and it is rare for us to meet you in person.
However, we live in the main house on the property and are available via text or phone to ensure you have a great experience at our guest house!
Other things to note
Heads up -- the bathroom is a compact bathroom with a separate toilet area and a standup shower. The shower is small. I'm 5'10" and 200 lbs and I can use it fine, but it's tight.
• Check-in is anytime after 3pm and check-out is by 12pm noon. NOTE: Since we allow a noon check-out, and our property is typically booked 100% of the time, we cannot honor early check-in requests (or luggage drop-off requests), as we need the entire time to clean the unit. Feel free to ask as we will answer you promptly, however, please do not show up early without prior consent.
• When leaving, please load and start the dishwasher. Please ensure the heaters are set to “2” or “off” if it's warm out.
• Let us know what time you plan on checking out.
• Absolutely NO smoking in the unit or outside on the grounds. If you smoke in the unit, you will either forfeit the entire security deposit.
• We welcome you as our guests and you may have other visitors, however we do now allow over-night guests who are not officially registered as part of the reservation. We are sharing our home with you and we ask for strict adherence to this request.
• Feel free to walk and enjoy the grounds, we just ask that you stay below the main house structure.
• The pool is available for our family, friends, as well as to you, our guests. So don't be surprised if you are joined at the pool by those who are not staying in the guest house with you!
• No pets of any kind.
• Quiet hours after 10pm.
• Absolutely no parties or large events.
• Please do not climb the trees.
===== Groceries: =====
• There is a Safeway just 1/2 mile down the hill that's open 24 hours.
===== Enjoying Your Stay: =====
• If you need us to collect trash from the guest unit, put it in the large tan garbage bin to the left of the front door.
• We'll grind fresh coffee beans the morning of your arrival. We typically use an espresso dark roast, and we can offer you regular or decaf. Just let us know your preference. If you'd rather have tea, we have a kettle and black tea in the kitchen.
• California has some of the highest electricity rates in the nation ( screenshot: (URL HIDDEN) ) — and the entire guest house runs on electricity. Please be sure to turn the heaters to “off” or “2” and turn the inside and outside lights off when you leave for the day to help us conserve energy!
• There are a number of board and card games in the guest house closet, as well as a number of books. Feel free to partake!
• There is a high temp + infrared gas grill available for your use, as well as a fire pit. Guests must clean up the BBQ and fire pit area after each use, as there are wild animals that roam the property, such as deer and raccoons. Please be sure to clean the grill with the grill brush after each use.
• The pool has a gate surrounding it - please keep the gate closed at all times as we have small children who may wander into the pool area if the gate is left open. Any children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. There is no lifeguard, so swim at your own risk!
The pool is not heated and will collect natural sand/dirt sediment between cleanings, especially during windy days.
• Feel free to enjoy the grounds, including the fire pit, grill, pool, hammock and a swing set/slide if you have kids. But please do not come up the property stairs to the main house. We ask that you stay below the main house, as that is our primary residence.
• You may see “Grandma or Grandpa Ko” on the grounds. Feel free to say hello to them. Their primary language is Korean.
• If you need to do laundry, we recommend Belmont Plaza Laundry, which is 1.8 miles away. There are also several dry cleaners within walking distance.
• There are many shops and restaurants within walking distance. Here's a list: (URL HIDDEN)
• There is wildlife on the property. You will likely see deer throughout the day. We sometimes see raccoons or skunks wandering through late at night. Please do not leave any food outside or feed any of the animals!
• If you'd like our recommendations on things to do in the area, take a look at the list of activities we've posted on (URL HIDDEN) , including a magical app called “Detour” which is a location-aware walking tour of San Francisco that we highly recommend.