Casa del Cipresso in Calitri, Avellino, Campania, is an ideal location (between Naples and Bari) to discover off-the-beaten-path Campania, Basilicata, and Puglia, Italy. The house is easily accessible and within easy walking distance to shops, restaurants, bars and services. Experience legendary Italian hospitality at it's very best! Become part of the community in Calitri!
(Note: NO additional per-person/cleaning fees.)
Casa del Cipresso has been sympathetically restored, retaining all it's charm & local characteristics to give you a feel for authentic, southern Italian hill-town living.
There is an open kitchen/living/dining area with a wood-burning fireplace, bedroom with traditional wood-beamed ceiling and en-suite bathroom, and an open, lofted, mezzanine bedroom with two twin beds.
The home has the advantage of being located very near to parking and shopping and is reached by a fairly short, gentle hill as opposed to the steep stairs and inclines needed to access many Calitri borgo neighborhood houses.
WALK TO EVERYTHING:
Casa del Cipresso is situated in the historic "borgo" neighborhood of Calitri, Italy, with a grocery store, restaurant, pizzeria, coffee bar, bakery, Internet cafe, and weekly open-air market all just steps away; a 10-15 min. stroll will bring you to the newer town center of Calitri, where you will find a large selection of shopping and services including restaurants, bars, banks, post office, swimming pool, etc.
Interaction with guests
We are always delighted to share our love of Calitri and Southern Italy. We love the house and town of Calitri and are very passionate about the "Green Irpinia" area of the country. We are happy to share experiences, recommendations and tips. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions.
We offer very easy arrival at your convenience via coded lock-box. As opposed to complex property manager meet-up instructions at a specific time, you can have the freedom to check-in and out whenever it is best for you so you don't need to worry about an airline delay or a leisurely lunch en route or making your early morning flight. Our local housekeeper is nearby should any issues arise during your stay and, although we are not onsite, we are always available by phone, text or email to answer any questions.
Other things to note
Internet and Wifi:
Internet service is not available in the house however, the Internet Cafe & Coffee Bar is only about 40 meters from the front door. (3 euros/hour and they will pro rate portions of an hour.) There is FREE WIFI at a local bar/pizzeria - only a 2min walk from the house. Sit outside on their patio and relax with a drink or snacks while you check in!
The home is located on a pedestrian-only street. There is a free town parking lot nearby (as well as plentiful free street parking one block away.)
Communal Swimming Pool:
We have made arrangements to allow guests to purchase passes (daily or weekly) to local pool that provides beautiful, outdoor swimming during the Summer months for a nominal fee; please inquire for details.
Our rate is for up to four guests and is inclusive of linens towels, utilities (electricity, water, gas for cooking,) and final cleaning. There are no surprise charges nor "extras."
RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS - CASA DEL CIPRESSO - CALITRI (AV) ITALY
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS ANYTIME AFTER 3 P.M. AND CHECK-OUT IS 10 A.M.
2. This is a NON SMOKING property – Please limit smoking to outdoors only. You are welcome to sit outside on the provided chairs or at one of the many local cafe or coffee bars.
3. Pets are not permitted in the house under any conditions.
4. We will not rent to students/singles under 25 years of age.
5. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- of $200 is required; the deposit is not applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within 14 days of departure, provided the following provisions are met:
a. No damage is done to the home or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. Key is left in the lock-box and home is left locked (and the windows closed/locked.)
c. Our home is left in the relative condition in which you found it; we do not expect you to
do any in- depth cleaning (scrubbing, mopping, dusting, laundry, etc.), but if excessive is needed after your departure, you will be charged at the rate of 12E/hour.
d. No Early check-in or late check-out without prior permission; my housekeeper will be arriving to clean right after your 10am departure as she needs this time to prepare for the next guests' arrival.
e. Guest/renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative), nor the local law enforcement.
6. PAYMENT - An advance payment equal to 1/2 of the rental rate is required upon booking. The balance will be due 45 days before your arrival.
7. CANCELLATIONS - For a 50% refund, cancellation must be made seven full days prior to check in. Early departure does not warrant any refund. Please refer to Airbnb for more detailed cancellation information. If you are concerned about cancellations, please consider purchasing Traveler's Insurance to cover your trip.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests is limited to 4 persons.
9. INCLUSIVE FEES - Linens and towels, electricity, water, gas are included in rental rate. We welcome families and children and are happy to provide a pack-n-play (potracrib/travel baby cot) free of charge. (We do not provide linens for the travel cot/portacrib; you may wish to bring your own if you are traveling with an infant) Towels/linens are not to be taken from the home.
10. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE - Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
11. REASONABLE CONDITION OF CLEANLINESS AND REPAIR - If you do not find the home in a reasonable condition of cleanliness and repair upon arrival, you MUST notify us immediately as to the problem. If you have any problem with the home during your stay, we should be notified as soon as possible; if we do not know there is a problem, we cannot help you! (In the event of an emergency, or if we cannot be reached, please notify our local housekeeper as soon as possible!)
12. RATE CHANGES - Rates subject to change as in the case of last-minute discount offers, however, we do not discount after the time of booking.
13. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Reservation obtained under false pretense subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
14. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
15. POOL PASSES - Pool passes can be purchased locally, directly at the pool located at: The Hotel Ambasciatori, via Toscana - Parco Tozzoli, Calitri (AV). We are not responsible for pool availability, nor any rate changes (The current price for a 5 day pass is 35 Euro and a 10 day pass is 60 Euro)
16. WEATHER POLICY - No refunds will be given due to inclement weather.
This host has a Strict Cancellation Policy
Cancel up to 30 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 30 days of the trip and get a 50% refund of the nightly rate, as well as a full refund of fees.
We have been vacation homeowners in Calitri, Italy and sharing our home-away-from-home with other travelers since 2007. The colorful streets, traditional borgo houses, and friendly neighbors charmed us from the very first moment we "discovered" this gem of a town in Southern Italy!
We are not a management company, nor property service provider, nor booking agency; we are homeowners and neighbors and fellow lovers of Italy. While we may be new to Airbnb, guests have previously been finding us and booking and reviewing us on other major vacation rental by owner sites for the past ten years.
When we are not staying at Casa del Cipresso in Calitri, we reside in the New York City suburbs, where we are raising our teenager and toddler.
Please feel free to contact us should you have questions about the house, your stay, or the town of Calitri.
Nicole & Family