Our place is a real artist's studio and open space loft style apartment in the heart of Tokyo. When traveling for exhibitions, we leave our studio with artworks on walls for our guests to experience their stay in Tokyo in a very unique way.
Our building is hosting many other creative studios such as photographers, designers, architects, other artist and also a Brazilian dance studio and a cinema props renting store!
Our Studio is a large 50m2 open space full of day light from both sides. Most of the furniture have been designed especially for the space to combine a functional artist studio and very nice apartment to live in.
Guest have access to the entire studio.
- KITCHEN: On their arrival we will leave a starter kit in the fridge (fresh milk, orange juice, butter, fruit jam, coffee, tea and water).
Guest can use all kitchen ware but we have to ask not to cook greasy food (such as fried fish) as it's an open kitchen with artworks everywhere.
There are many restaurants just around the corner or 10mn walk in the Shinjuku area and a great small izakaya around the corner that will cost you less than going to the supermarket!
We will provide bio and eco friendly kitchen products such as dish-washing liquid, disinfection spray, etc...
- BATHROOM: Shower, Toilet with heated toilet seat & washing machine. (for heavy machine we recommend the Laundry located 200m down the road). We will provide bio & eco friendly shampoo, body soap and washing machine detergent.
- We offer free WIFI in the studio.
- Video projector [EPSON ] with DVD player and laptop connection wire (mac).
Interaction with guests
We wont be in Tokyo when guests will stay at our studio but we have friends who will do check-in/out and can come in case of emergency.
Other things to note
- WATER : we recommend to drink mineral water even if tap water is drinkable.
- BED: We have a very special bed! It's located under the elevated salon floor. It works like a big drawer that you need to pull out at night and push back in the morning. We will leave instructions how to use it!
The mattress is a very good quality foam mattress.
- SAFETY: Smoke Detector, Fire Extinguisher.
- HEATING: there is a traditional kerosene heater but guest are not allowed to use it under any circumstances for safety reasons. We have two AC with col/heat settings that work very well.
- CHECK-IN time is after 12pm
- CHECK-OUT time is 11am
- SPECIAL CARE: we ask our guest to be careful with artworks in the studio. We also ask our guests not to invite anyone else to visit the studio.
Please do not wear your shoes inside.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.
I am a French Artist based in Tokyo. I first came in Japan in 2000 and lived in Tokyo back and forth several time, all together more than seven years. I also lived in Sydney, Singapore, Paris and Mauritius island. I came back to Tokyo in 2014 for an artist residency and decided to stay and set up my studio.