EUREKA HOUSE is centrally located and close to all amenities. This grand two storey house built in the 1940's has been lovingly and stylishly renovated. The house has three bedrooms that will comfortably sleep 6 people. All rooms have original ornate ceilings with genuine polished black bean timber floors and classic casement windows. GLBTI friendly.
Split system air conditioning in all three bedrooms and Dining Room/Kitchen for those really hot summer days/nights.
The house also has beautifully restored casement windows throughout that open to catch the cool breezes. So much better for you than airconditioning.
My favourite place is the kitchen, which is open plan. It has a six burner gas stove, a dishwasher, large fridge and everything else that you can think of. This is a great place to chill out with family and friends over a glass of wine while preparing that amazing meal.
The lounge room opens onto the enclosed verandah, made up of ornate wrought iron panels, overlooking the landscaped gardens. There are comfy cane lounge chairs to sit and chill while you watch the world go by or just read a book or maybe catch fifty winks. Don't forget you are on holiday!
The third bedroom has double doors that open onto a seperate enclosed verandah with ornate wrought iron. Private seating and a great place to chill out.
Comfortable lounge with a large TV and Netflix to catch up on those dramas/shows that you have been watching back home and thought that you might miss out on. Watch TV or take a much needed nap, when you're not exploring this amazing part of the world or diving on the Great Barrier Reef.
This bathroom has just won Beaumont Tiles "Australia's Best Bathroom 2017". Definitely my other favourite place in the house. Wall tiles that go right up to the ceiling and beautiful patterned floor tiles. Rain shower or spacious bath to soak away all your travel stress, double sinks and large mirror. Everything is supplied, all you have to do is bring your toothbrush. The bathroom has light dimmers for those quite private bath times.
Laundry has a washing machine and clothes dryer and a second toilet.
Other extras that we will provide, Netflix, reading material, board games, tea, coffee, milk, olive oil, salt and pepper, cling wrap and paper towels. shampoo and conditioner, body wash, toilet paper, tissues, face wipes, cotton buds, hair dryer, laundry powder and clothes airer.
So what are you waiting for....this house has everything and more..
The House has a lockable area underneath. You have access to front and rear gardens and there is parking for four cars undercover.
Interaction with guests
We will meet you at the property upon arrival and I will also be available at check out if required. We will also be contactable should you require anything during your stay.
Other things to note
Netflix is also available for your viewing
- Our beautiful home has recently had extensive renovations completed to restore her to her former glory. We ask all guests to please respect our property as you would your own. As the floors are polished timber, please refrain from wearing shoes inside. Please also take care with your luggage in the house, not rolling or dragging it across the floors. Parties are not allowed at the property, this house is for families to enjoy whilst holidaying in our wonderful tropical region.
- CHECK IN/CHECK OUT: Check in is available from 2.00pm. Checkout is strictly 10.00AM
- CLEANING: The House is thoroughly cleaned and tidied prior to your arrival. In return we ask that you respect the house and leave it in a suitable clean and tidy condition on your departure.
- General waste green bin and recycling Yellow bin provided for your utilisation.
- PERSONAL BELONGINGS: We do not cover loss or damage to your personal belongings.
- DAMAGES/BREAKAGES Please tell us if anything breaks, gets damaged or needs maintenance
- POWER: Power is expensive so when you leave the house please turn off the fans and lights
- SMOKING: I don't like smoking and wouldn't smoke in your house so please don't smoke in mine. You can smoke on the verandah or in the garden.
- KEYS: Please ensure that all keys are left at the property on your departure. We have spent a considerable amount of time and money replacing all the keys and locks, so please do not take them with you.
This host has 8 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi there! My husband Greg and I love to travel! Our first Airbnb experiences were in Seoul, Korea and Osaka, Japan. We were hooked! Our most recent trip was to Minakami in Japan for 2 weeks. Other than travelling we are semi retired and have been renovating two houses which is both a labour of love and hard work. We first moved to Cairns in 1976, fell in love with the place and decided to settle down and start a family. 40 years later we still love it here especially during the winter months when Cairns is at it's peak!
My favourite travel destination would have to be the USA. We have done 3 trips to the USA where we drove an RV from one side to the other over a two month period. What a fabulous place! If I won the lottery I would travel the world with friends and family and never look back!