Krishna House is family-owned and operated bed & breakfast homestay. The property itself located in the historic and peaceful town of Bhaktapur. Various heritage sites such as Bhaktapur Durbar Square and Nyatapola Temple are located just a few minutes’ walk away from the property. We aim to provide our guests with a unique cultural experience during their stay here. We also provide various Nepalese cuisines for lunch and dinner upon request. We look forward to assisting you in any way we can.
- The room is equipped with four comfortable bed, a study desk & chair, a spacious wardrobe and various wall sockets for charging electric gadgets such as cell phones and cameras.
- There is a big TV with access to cable channels for the guests.
- The room is big in size with plenty of room for moving around.
- There is a bathroom attached with the room with facilities of basic toiletries and hot water which is solar-heated.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in the room.
- The room gets plenty of sunlight and is well-ventilated as well.
-- A common terrace outside the room can be used for relaxing and viewing sunset.
- The guests can view a courtyard and garden from the room
- Breakfast is served in a common lounge
- One can also relax in the common lounge
- For resting tables and chairs are provided in the courtyard and garden
- Books, brochures and trek maps with information on Nepal are available in our Mini-library
- We also have a common room where the guests can watch cable TV.
- There is free Wi-Fi
Interaction with guests
- We help the guests by providing information about Nepal relating to culture tours to world heritage sites in Bhaktapur and other Nepalese towns such as Pokhara (well-known for hikes and views of mountains), Chitwan (well-known for wildlife and safaris) and Lumbini (the birthplace of Buddha).
- We inform about local transportation to reach those places and, if required, arrange transportation too.
- Arranging treks, culture tours, bus tickets and flights are among the services we help with.
Other things to note
- We try and provide a healthy breakfast with a variety for all our guests.
- On prior notice, we also cook authentic Nepalese dinner, namely, 'Dal Bhat' with various curries.
We are a simple family-owned and operated homestay that aim to provide all of our guests with a comfortable environment to stay in. We do not prefer violence or abuse of any sort. Smoking is strictly prohibited in rooms. However, there are plenty of open spaces for our guests to smoke at if required.
I live with my family at Krishna House. At present, as a family team myself, my father, wife and daughter run Krishna House as a bed and breakfast homestay facility. For us family values are very important.
Meeting people from different parts of the world and sharing what I know about our culture and nature makes me happy. At the same time I am also interested in learning about the ways of life in different countries.Hence, running Krishna House is a major part of my life.
I like to read books, both fiction and non fiction.Watching movies is my favorite past time. At times I enjoy walks to villages around Bhaktapur. Surya binayak forest and the villages beyond are really refreshing to hike to, specially in the morning.
Like most of the people in Bhaktapur we look forward to festivals which we have many throughout the year. Biskaa festival in Mid April, Gaijatra festival in August, Dashain festival in October are my favourite ones.
One of the places where I usually go with family is Nagarkot, It's about 20 km east from our place,and offers amazing views of the himalayas.
I also help the guests in organizing treks in Nepal, especially in Annapurna, Langtang and Everest regions. Depending on their interest I also assist them with tours to world heritage sites and medieval settlements.