Set in the peaceful Huon Valley minutes from Cygnet & overlooking the Huon Estuary, Wattle Grove Homestead is the perfect escape from the hustle & bustle. From snow-capped mountain views to autumn colours & green pasture the scene is constantly changing.
Set in the rolling hills of Tasmania made famous by the Gourmet Farmer Matt Evans- Wattle Grove is a private 15 acre farm surrounded by grazing cattle & sheep. The elevation of the farm provides picturesque river and port views whilst also ensuring a peaceful and secluded holiday stay.
Tasmanias' renowned clean air, water and fertile soils will ensure a restorative break away.
Wattle Grove is a large, luxury, three bedroom home offering the following features:
- Open kitchen, dining, lounge area with wood fireplace, flat screen TV, panoramic views and comfortable furnishings.
- The gourmet kitchen has a walk in pantry stocked with organic and whole food essentials. Food processor, quality cookware, crystal glassware, platters and vases ensure memorable entertaining occasions.
- Kitchen and dining areas lead out onto a large deck with an outdoor setting.
- Large double office with printers and access points, combines a study with fireplace and sitting room- the views from the study are of rolling hills, tall trees and grazing cattle. A wireless music system can be linked to your smart phone. I recommend Pandora or similar personalised radio for uninterrupted soothing background soundscapes.
- Three large bedrooms- two queen size and one double room come made up with electric blankets, feather pillows and both light and heavy wool doons. Bedside lamps and writing desks are provided.
- Master bedroom contains en-suite with heating, walk-in robe and bay window lounge for quiet contemplations.
- The front verandah opens off the master bedroom, study and dining room and has a porch swing which catches the sun and lets you watch the garden blossoming.
- A large laundry has linen cupboard, washing machine and dryer.
- the property has a fruit grove, ornamental gardens, vegetable garden (a work in progress), rolling pastures, sheep and neighbouring cattle. There are 3 dams surrounded by natural bushland and views over rollings hills and port Huon.
- A cubby house replica of the home awaits our younger guests with colouring pencils, tables and chairs on the porch.
Travel to Wattle Grove via Cygnet from Hobart airport or from the ferry terminal in Davenport.
The local town of Cygnet is an easy 50 minute drive from Hobart through picturesque countryside through the Huon Valley or via the coastal Chanel Highway. Car hire is available at the airport or in town and access via public transport is provided by
-Metro Buses - Bus Route 98
Enter the property via electric gate with ample parking and covered car port at the front door. There is a small step up to the front door
There are 3 double rooms- if you require a single bed let us know so that we can provide a trundle bed in one of the queen rooms. If you are booking for 2 persons you will find the additional 2 bedrooms and bathroom locked. Please notify us if you require access for additional guests- note that extra accomodation and cleaning charges will apply.
Interaction with guests
When you book our Wattle Grove home you have complete and private access to the entire property. We do also offer a Queen Room with breakfast. See our add under bed & breakfast.
Other things to note
During times of drought we ask that you be mindful of water consumption. If necessary additional water can be brought in by contacting us.
For longer stays you may need to refill the gas bottle for the stove top. Instructions are provided in the house directory.
Arrival after 2pm
We happily make our home available to you and ask that you respect the house and its contents. Notify us immediately of any damage or breakage so that we can attend to repairs and note that damages or cleaning beyond the basics will be charged for.
If you have booked for two people (1 bedroom) and additional rooms/ beds or bathrooms are used you will be charged for these and monies taken out of your bond.
I am a wife to sailor and handy-man Robert- mother and grandmother, Nutritionist and hobby farmer. Food for healing is my passion together with functional medicine. I love walks by the Huon River, chats with the sheep, knitting and reading the latest in nutritional medicine.
I can't live without organic produce, Tasmanian butter, Willie Smith bone dry cider as the sun goes down and last but by no means least my family around the table.