Private, beautiful, open-plan, spacious apt in lively Brooklyn by gorgeous park. Full-floor, newly renovated, quiet, cozy (warm in winter, cool in summer). Great bars, restaurants, shops, 2 mins to subway (22 mins to Manhattan). LOTS of space (1000sq.ft./95sq.m). Tastefully decorated, well ventilated, peaceful. Large living room; sitting area; 1BR with windows facing garden. Private entrance + bathroom. No kitchen. Great for couples, adventurers, families, business travelers. NO PHOTO SHOOTS
The entire, cozy, spacious, tranquil apartment is yours (yes, there are windows and light, because it is halfway above street level). VERY spacious (1,000 square feet — about 95 square meters), with its own, private entrance and its own private spa bathroom, 1 bedroom, living room, sitting area, hallway, washer-dryer (available upon request). New queen-size, eco-friendly, organic Keetsa-SoHo bed. We are happy to accommodate additional guests with a single bed in the living room: it is a sleeper cot with comfortable memory-foam mattress in the spacious living room area. Apparent brick, wood beams, vintage décor and antiques. No kitchen, but the apartment has a Mini Fridge, Nespresso machine, Electric Kettle, and Toaster. Also MANY inexpensive (or, if you prefer, expensive!) places to eat very close by, and also accessible by train or bus. A huge couch with throws for cozy lounging, a desk to sit and write at. A very large and lovely sanctuary to relax and unwind after a day in New York City, just steps from the beautiful Prospect Park.
As guests, you access your apartment through your own, separate, private entrance. You have the entire garden level apartment to yourselves. Our house cleaner comes Tuesdays 11am-7:30pm and will be coming and going to your apartment during those hours for laundry and to clean your space — so don't be surprised! For $10 per load, our cleaner can do your laundry on Tuesdays as well. Guests do not have access to the backyard.
Interaction with guests
We are happy to help guide you. Also, at least one (and in some cases both) of us is also able to converse in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Greek and/or Portuguese. We love the neighborhood and have plenty of suggestions, so don't hesitate to ask!
Other things to note
While you are here: Shoes off in house please. No smoking, candles, or parties/events. Our house cleaner comes Tuesdays 11am-7:30pm and will be coming and going to your apartment during those hours for laundry and to clean your space — so don't be surprised!
- Shoes off in the apartment. Slippers are provided.
- Please turn off all lights, bathroom fan, heater when leaving the apt.
- 2 guests (queen bed) + 1 guest bed (American cot with comfy mattress).
- This is our home, so we just ask that you be respectful, clean up after yourself, relax and enjoy your vacation!
- Please be mindful of the quiet environment at all times. We do our best to as well!
- No outside guests please - no exceptions.
- No smoking, no candles.
- No parties, no events, no photo or film shoots. No student projects or commercial activity ( 'art projects' etc.).
- No food or food containers left out; everything must be stored in mini-fridge or sealed glass container, or tossed in metal trash bins just outside the apartment door.
- Nothing wet (towels, glasses etc) left on wood surfaces or on upholstered surfaces (couch etc).
This host has 25 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We both grew up in Paris, France. One of us is an academic, the other a journalist. We love Brooklyn, reading, walks in beautiful nearby Prospect Park, music (especially live — check out the Owl Parlor near us! and Blessings on weekends), and great food. We also love sharing the great addresses in our neighborhood with our guests! If you have any questions, we are here for you. Our style is tranquil, quiet, and courteous.