Skip to content

Ocean Front Pelley House Heritage Home

Entire house hosted by Gary
6 guests3 bedrooms3 beds1 bath
Entire home
You’ll have the house to yourself.
Enhanced Clean
This host committed to Airbnb's 5-step enhanced cleaning process.
Gary is a Superhost
Superhosts are experienced, highly rated hosts who are committed to providing great stays for guests.
Great location
100% of recent guests gave the location a 5-star rating.
Beautifully restored, ocean view heritage home situated in the community of Boyd’s Cove, NF.

Boyd’s Cove, home of the Beothuk Interpretation Centre, is on the Kittiwake Coast, an area renowned for its amazing natural beauty. Here you can view majestic icebergs, watch whales playing in the bays, eagles soaring overhead or the enjoy the spectacular rugged coastline. Here you can also explore Twillingate, Fogo or Change Islands. The century House is designated an historic property by the NLHS.

The space
I invite you to partake in the charm and romance of a merchant heritage home by the ocean. The Pelley house is a fully restored heritage property (over 100 years old) located in a traditional Newfoundland village. This landmark structure is nestled on the north shore of Boyd’s Cove. For more than a century the dwelling has added character and grandeur to the peaceful tranquil community. The home is built of Victorian design, timber construction, double bays with latticed windows, steep gabled peaks with pronounced eaves and a central chimney. The exterior of the house has not been changed since time of construction. In 2011, the Pelley House was designated a Registered Heritage Structure by the Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador, due to its aesthetic and historic value.
The exterior of the house has been fully restored to original condition. Some restoration work has been completed on the interior without sacrificing any modern comfort. A combination of updates and functional facilities while maintaining an antique décor. There is a large and fully equipped kitchen (microwave, toaster, coffee maker, fridge, freezer, stove and kitchenware), a three piece bathroom with tub and a laundry room with washer and dryer. Free WiFi. A flat-screen TV. Towels & bed linens provided.
The house is situated in Boyd’s Cove, the start of the scenic reaches and islands of Notre Dame Bay and the heart of the Kittiwake Coast trail, route 341. It is the site of a major Beothuk encampment and is now the location of the Beothuk Interpretation Centre. It is a great stating location for day tripping to Twillingate, Fogo and Change Islands. This area affords travelers an enchanting and rich mix of culture, history, astonishing ocean views, as well as whale and iceberg sightings.

What this place offers

Beach access – Beachfront
Kitchen
Wifi
Free parking on premises
TV
Free washer – In unit
Dryer
Bathtub
Patio or balcony
Backyard

Select check-in date

Add your travel dates for exact pricing
Check-in
Add date
Checkout
Add date

4.78 out of 5 stars from 18 reviews

Cleanliness
Accuracy
Communication
Location
Check-in
Value

Where you’ll be

Boyd's Cove , Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

The Boyd's Cove site lies in eastern Notre Dame Bay on the island of Newfoundland's northeast coast. It is situated at the bottom of a bay and is protected by a maze of islands that shelter it from waves and winds.

Hosted by Gary

Joined in June 2016
  • 18 Reviews
  • Identity verified
  • Superhost
I was born in Boyd's Cove, Newfoundland and left the quiet and cozy community , at a young age and joined the Canadian Forces to see the world. After a 29 years of service, I retired and currently residing in North Bay, Ontario. I still have a tremendous passion for the Newfoundland was of life, its beauty and culture. The Pelley House Heritage Home has provided me a continuous connection to the island and a place to stay when I take my annual pilgrimage back to the motherland. The restoration projects associated with this home has only enhanced my interest in Newfoundland history and genealogy. 90% of my income goes to support travel, guitars, cars and good Scotch Whisky. The remaining 10% is wasted.
I was born in Boyd's Cove, Newfoundland and left the quiet and cozy community , at a young age and joined the Canadian Forces to see the world. After a 29 years of service, I retir…
Gary is a Superhost
Superhosts are experienced, highly rated hosts who are committed to providing great stays for guests.
  • Language: English
  • Response rate: 100%
  • Response time: within an hour
To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of the Airbnb website or app.

Things to know

House rules
Check-in: 3:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
Checkout: 12:00 p.m.
No smoking
No pets
No parties or events
Health & safety
Committed to Airbnb's enhanced cleaning process. Show more
Airbnb's social-distancing and other COVID-19-related guidelines apply
Carbon monoxide alarm
Smoke alarm
Cancellation policy