Just 16 miles to White Pass Skiing, Timberline Pines offers the highest quality cabins in Packwood. Don't settle for less!
Cozy A-frame, perfect for a couple or family with two small children.
STRICT LIMIT OF TWO ADULTS AND TWO CHILDREN UNDER 13 years of age. This is for your comfort.
Our cozy A-Frame guest house is perfect for a couple or family with 2 small children. This is a strict limit for your comfort. It's like a "tiny" house you see on TV.
Come enjoy all that nature has to offer in a fairy tale setting. Hike, bike, swim, fish, hunt, ski, etc.
One of our recent guests said it felt like she was in a fairy tale. Enjoy your private quaint cabin with all you need, queen bed on main floor and two twins in loft. Large outside deck to relax and have your morning coffee or enjoy the birds and trees.
Kitchenette includes refrigerator, toaster oven, microwave, crock pot, coffee maker, electric kettle, hot plate, pots & pans, all dishes, utensils, etc. Small propane grill on deck during summer. The bathroom has a stall shower (no tub). Please be aware that there is no "stove" or oven for cooking.
Wood stove with plenty of firewood for those chilly nights. Just steps from Coal Creek and the Cowlitz River. Come join us in the shadow of Mt. Rainier and the great northwest.
White Pass Ski area is a short 16 miles (about 20 mins.) Mt Rainier National Park is 4 miles away, (our nearest entrance, Stevens Canyon, is closed for the winter.) During the winter the park can be accessed from the Longmire entrance. (About a 45 minute drive.)
Located in a residential neighborhood of vacation cabins.There are two community pools (summer only), tennis court (summer only), basketball court, and playground for the little ones just a short walk. If you have small children please be aware that the stairs to the loft are very steep.
Some guests have said they were surprised at the proximity to the main house. The A-frame is our fully self contained guest house and is about 50 feet from our house. We are very quiet and won't bother you. You will have complete privacy unless you want to interact. We are a couple in our late-50's with no children or pets, except for elk, raccoons, deer, squirrels and other wild life.
We are close by in the main house and are happy to help you with information about the area. If you need anything, just ring the bell. Local restaurants and shops are just 4 miles away in the town of Packwood.
If you're looking for something bigger be sure to look at our other listings here called Grizzly Tower, Bear Lodge, Metsker's Meadow or Alpine Annie's.
Key Box code and directions are in your itinerary. Coal Creek and Cowlitz river access. Skiing and hiking all around. We are about 1100 feet elevation so we are usually below the snow level in winter!
Roads are paved, well maintained and plowed in winter.
Interaction with guests
We live in the main house on the property, but you will have complete privacy. If you need something, don't hesitate to ring the door bell and ask. If we are not home, we are always available via phone, email or text.
Other things to note
Only US Cellular, Verizon and Sprint cell phones will work here.
Swimming pool and tennis court are seasonal, Memorial Day through Labor Day.
No smoking, no pets.
Guests are limited to 2 adults and 2 children. (Not recommended for toddlers due to steep stairs to loft.)
Maximum parking for one vehicles. Extra vehicles may park in cul-de-sac.
Children should be old enough to climb up and down steep stairs to loft.
1. No one under the age of 25 is permitted to rent the cabin.
2. A $150 refundable security deposit is required.
3. Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. (PST). Check-out time is 10:00 a.m. (PST). There is a $25.00 charge for missing keys.
4. All reservations are subject to AirBNB cancellation policy.
5. Pets are not permitted. Evidence of a pet after check out - forfeit entire deposit.
6. No smoking. Evidence of cigarette or marijuana smoke inside cabin - forfeit entire deposit.
7. You agree to reimburse the owner for any damage to the property that occurs during your stay. We reserve the right to inspect the property during your stay. You agree to refrain from any activity which interferes with the neighbor's peace. Quiet hours are between 10PM and 7AM.
8. We are not liable for failures of any equipment, systems, or appliances, as major repair problems cannot be foreseen. Tenant acknowledges that unless Owner is notified on day of check-in of any damage or cleaning concerns, then thereafter, all damages or concerns to the property during the occupancy will be Tenants responsibility and must be reported to Owner and paid prior to departure. Rearranging of furniture is not permitted. Violation of any of the above could result in the forfeiture of all monies & termination of occupancy.
9. If the Tenant or any member of his party violates any of the terms of this agreement, we may terminate this lease with no refund and enter the premises to remove the tenant, his party and their belongings according to the Vacation Rental Act.
10. The Tenant agrees to release and indemnify the Owner and its Agent from all liability, should anyone be injured upon the premises during the lease.
11. The maximum number of people that can occupy a cabin is 4. Occupy means overnight sleepers and daytime visitors. This cabin is not to be used as a meeting place for parties or reunions. $50 per person/night is charged for unauthorized guests. Violation of this agreement will be the cause for immediate eviction.
By concluding this rental, RENTER CERTIFIES that he is a responsible adult over age 25 and will be one of the occupants. This document serves as the rental agreement under the laws of WA, between Renter & Paul and Kim Hanson.
I have read, understand, and agree to the rental terms and regulations as stated above. During this rental, I am solely responsible for all damages.
I have read and agree to the above listed Policy.
We appreciate your reservation! Kim and Paul Hanson- owners
This host has 383 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi, my husband and I left the big city and moved to our vacation home in the woods. Come see the beautiful Pacific Northwest volcano country and see why we made the switch. We love the outdoors, skiing, hiking, relaxing by the creek.
Packwood sits in the shadow of Mt. Rainier and is a quaint little town with a grocery store, 2 gas stations, a pizza place, a fun bar and an amazing burger place with Elk and Buffalo burgers.
We would love to have you stay in any of our beautiful cabins, all located in the Timberline Community. We started out with just two cabins and some of our neighbors asked us to manage their cabins. We call our little business Timberline Pines. So, you have a choice of five different cabins now. Our small guest house, Coal Creek A-Frame (a cozy place for a couple), Grizzly Tower if you have a larger group, Alpine Annie's perfect for a small family, Bear Lodge right on the creek, and Metsker's Meadow for up to 8 guests. We hope you'll consider one of our cabins on your next visit to Mt. Rainier, or for a weekend of skiing at White Pass in the winter.
All of our cabins are just minutes from Mt. Rainier National park where you'll find a wonderful visitors center, the beautiful Paradise Lodge (stop in for lunch or brunch) and of course great hiking and sightseeing.
Summertime is best for wildflowers and warm weather hikes. We have two fun flea markets in Packwood, one on Memorial day weekend and one on Labor day weekend. You'll find just about anything you can imagine.
In the fall, we like to wander around in the forest and pick Chanterelle mushrooms and would be happy to show you our secret spots to find them.
Winter brings rain to the lowlands and snow to the mountains! While we don't typically get a lot of snow here, it does happen and creates a winter wonderland for building a snow man or having a snowball fight, or just a great walk. We are avid skiers and you can race us to the first chair at White Pass when the conditions are good.
White Pass is our local ski area, a short 20 minute drive from any of our cabins. White Pass is incredibly family friendly with short lift lines and GREAT snow.
Come play with us year round in beautiful Volcano Country!
Timberline Pines, LLC