The 'Ohana House is a cozy, private apartment, perfect for a couple. It comes with bath, laundry, kitchenette, internet, and TV. The 'Ohana House is located on a quiet country road a mile from downtown Nevada City. Come visit!
**Please note that all prices shown for stays under 30 days DO NOT INCLUDE 10% Occupancy Tax, which will be collected via special offer after you book, and which we pay directly to Nevada County**
The 'Ohana House is nestled in a cozy hollow, yet gets plenty of sun. The space is modern, clean and fresh, with a cute kitchen and small dining area, a desk/office area, sitting area, bedroom area, and bath with a custom tile shower. There is a European washer/dryer in the unit, and a small outdoor breakfast area that overlooks that back yard.
The 'Ohana House is conveniently located to many of Nevada City's attractions:
-1 mile walk to town, where you'll find great restaurants, shopping, music, and theater.
- 10 minute walk to a local convenience market to pick up a paper, snacks, beer, wine, etc.
-Across the street from an access point to the Hirshman Trail
- Short 4 mile drive to the Yuba River (49 Crossing)
- Short 3 mile drive to the trailhead of the Independence Trail.
- 53 mile drive to Truckee/Sierra ski hills
Interaction with guests
I like to be on hand to greet each guest when they arrive, as the 'Ohana House is a separate structure a few hundred feet away from the main house, however, full instructions for self check-in will be provided. I appreciate the opportunity to chat briefly, give you a tour of features of the 'Ohana House, and answer any questions. After you settle in, it's likely you won't see me at all, unless we meet in passing. However, great conversation with travelers is always appreciated. :)
Please be aware that check-in is generally between 3:00 and 6:00 p.m. on your arrival date. While other arrangements can generally be made, if you are unable to respect an agreed upon timeframe, please consider staying at a motel, as extremely late arrivals impact my family and neighbors. If you are arriving late, please thoroughly read the arrival instructions prior to pulling into the driveway, as there are three structures on the property, and respecting the other occupants in very important.
Other things to note
The 'Ohana House is up a flight of stairs, and may not be a good fit for people with accessibility issues. The 'Ohana House is perfect for two people, more than that would not be comfortable. While we love children, this is not the best place for them. Infants are welcome.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The ‘Ohana House and surrounding area is a NON-SMOKING property. Guests and visitors will not smoke in the studio, on or near the property. In addition, NO BURNING CANDLES of any kind are permitted.
2. Pets are not permitted.
3. Occupancy is not to exceed two (2) persons. No Exceptions. Our septic system is not designed for the additional capacity.
4. Parking – Cars are to be parked in the designated parking area adjacent to the ‘Ohana House only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked car is subject to towing and applicable fines/towing fees.
5. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit ‘Ohana towels or linens to be taken from the studio.
6. Consumable products - we stock the 'Ohana House with toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, tin foil, and most other consumable products that you will need for a weekend stay only. For longer stays, please provide your own additional products as needed. We appreciate replacing any items you have used up during your stay.
7. Washer/Dryer - the "European" laundry machine (all-in-one washer/dryer) is very delicate. Please wash personal items only (no sheets or towels) and no heavy items (jeans, sleeping bags, etc).
8. Housekeeping – Linen laundry service is included. If staying longer than one week, please deposit towels and bed linens at the main house for weekly laundry. Extra linens are provided in the ‘Ohana House. Prior to vacating the studio, all trash and recyclables must be removed, dishes and cookware must be cleaned, and re-position any moved furniture. Please leave bed linens on the bed and towels in the bathroom area when you check out.
9. Cancellations - Please see Airbnb cancellation policy. Please call if you have any questions. We will do our very best to work with you if your plans change. Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent.
10. Storm Policy/Road Conditions – Nevada City can experience severe weather and power is occasionally interrupted. Refunds will be given due to storm conditions under the following conditions only: In the event that power is interrupted for more than 12 hours, we will refund a daily equivalent based on the overall rent paid for every 24 hour period that the power may be off. Roads are well maintained, however we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during winter. We do not refund due to road conditions.
11. Damages - 'Ohana House guests shall be responsible for all damage, breakage and /or loss to the premises, except normal wear and tear and unavoidable casualties which may result from Occupancy. All pipes, wires, glass, plumbing, household contents, etc., other equipment and fixtures should be in the same condition as at the beginning of your stay. The property will be left in the same good and habitable condition. Please report any damages or notable conditions found upon arrival to the Owners as soon as possible. The property will be inspected prior to your arrival and when you depart. Otherwise, guests agree that repair costs for any damages may be posted to their credit card, or, if paying by check or money order, will promptly submit the moneys due for full cost of replacement/repair.
12. Any drug use on the property, or any disturbance, annoyance, endangerment or inconvenience of the neighbors will immediately terminate this occupancy and Rental Agreement.
13. Owner shall not be liable to Tenant, Tenant’s guests, licenses or invitees or any other person for any injury, loss or damage to any person or property on or about the premises. Tenant shall hold Owner harmless and indemnified from and against all loss, injury or damage occasioned by the use or misuse or abuse of any part of the premises, parking lot, or community and from or against any omission, neglect, or default of Tenant, his guests, licensees or invitees.