First floor Studio w/FULL SIZE BED that sleeps two (2). Shower, water closet (toilet & sink), desk & chair, microwave, fridge & coffee maker. The room is half the size of a standard hotel room, but we make up for its size with cleanliness, a super comfy bed & lots of little extras that hotels either don’t provide or charge extra for. The room comes with 1 parking space in driveway. We’re in a very quiet neighborhood, close to parks, restaurants & shopping. Naples Beach is only 20 minutes away!!
It's private, no awkward meetings with your hosts in your pajamas in the middle of the night! It even has its own AC unit so you can make it warm & cozy, or like sleeping on an iceberg. The AC unit is less than a year old so it works VERY WELL! But we have plenty of blankets if you're like me and like to sleep under a cozy blanket in nice cold air ;-) The bed is a FULL SIZE which is just a few inches smaller than a queen size, but it does sleep two people comfortably. The bathroom, shower, bed, desk, fridge and microwave are all in the same space. The bathroom has a window panel curtain for privacy, there is no door, and the shower has a curtain as well. The room is half the size of a standard hotel room, but we make up for its size with cleanliness, a super comfy bed & lots of little extras that hotels either don’t provide or charge extra for.
The room is accessed from outside and is on the opposite side of the main house. The entrance is completely private. Guests will have one key for use during their stay. Guests will have one parking space in the driveway.
Interaction with guests
Chip and I are pretty much always home. He's a handyman, he works for me ;-) And I care for my elderly father who lives with us.
The guest rooms are on the opposite side of the main house so there won't be any awkward meetings in the middle of the night ;-) On occasion we will have a bonfire in our back yard if it's not too windy, we will let guests know if we're having one and they can join us if they like. I always send a list of instructions for guests arrival and during their stay. It gives all the information they need for their arrival and during their stay like parking instructions, and as much information about the room itself as we can provide. We like for our guests to feel like it's their home and they know the room as well as we do :-)
Other things to note
Recently the CEO of Airbnb, Brian Chesky sent a letter to Airbnb hosts/hostesses regarding discrimination and bias in regards to the rental of spaces and homes to Airbnb guests. Just so you know...DISCRIMINATION AND BIAS ARE NOT TOLERATED AT THIS PROPERTY!!! EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE!!!
A minimal continental breakfast can be provided UPON REQUEST at no extra charge, for example: Cereal cups, oatmeal cups, juice & milk. We also provide some snacks like chips & popcorn, and the items to make coffee & tea plus sugar, creamer, & low calorie sweetener. We also provide salt & pepper, plastic utensils/cups/plates/bowls/to-go coffee cups. Lots of toiletries including shampoo & conditioner, toothpaste & mouthwash. We also have new toothbrushes and new razors available if you forget yours, they are in the bathroom readily available for use. Take it with you or throw it away! DO NOT PUT THOSE ITEMS BACK IN THE BASKET! Thank you!
Places to go:
We are located 18 minutes drive from World Famous 5th Ave South in Downtown Naples! The beach is just a few more blocks away! ;-)
We are also located 17 minutes drive from the World Famous Tiburon Golf Course and Club created by golfing great Greg Norman.
We are 36 minutes from the Marco Island Marriott.
We are 47 minutes from the Diamond Head Beach Resort on Ft Myers Beach.
Hello, my name is Dodi. Chip is my fiancé, co-host, and personal handyman, but I'm the Hostess with the Mostess!! ;-D So I'll be the person you will deal with most during your stay, but Chip is very friendly and would like for you to say hi and shake his hand. I'm going to start the house rules with the #1 Most Important:
• THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING OF ANY KIND IN YOUR ROOM!!!! If you are or anyone in your party are not smokers, then you can skip this section.
We WILL be able to tell if someone is smoking in the room!! If you or anyone visiting you are caught, we will cancel any further nights of your reservation, and you will be responsible for finding and paying for your own accommodations!! We will refund any nights left of your reservation, not including the night you leave, plus a $50 damage fee!! We are not saying you can't smoke, just do it OUTSIDE!!! You're welcome to smoke outside at the downstairs patio table. There are ashtrays available upon request. DO NOT PLACE ANY CIGARETTES OR ASHES INTO THE TRASH CANS IN YOUR ROOM!! They make the cans smell like cigarette smoke...yuck!! If you or your guest are smokers, that is perfectly fine, just let us know before you arrive and we will put a an ashtray and a trash can outside for you. DO NOT drop your butts on the ground!! DO NOT throw cigarettes in the outdoor trash can until they are completely extinguished!! Let me or Chip know and we will empty it into the outdoor trash cans. And just as important: DO NOT THROW THE BUTTS IN THE LAKE!!! Unfortunately people have done this in the past >:(
• We sometimes have a fire going in the pit outback. I'll let you know beforehand if we are inviting guests to the fire, then you'll be welcome to come out back and join us!! We DO NOT ALLOW anyone to start the fire pit themselves for obvious safety reasons. We don't have a fire very often in the summer, but in the winter we have one almost every night when it's cold. So far Winter 2017 has been quite warm.
• You may have visitors from 7am to 8pm. The times don't have to be exact, just please use good judgement. As long as you're quiet, and not bothering our neighbor or other guests, we won't have a problem if it's 9 or 10. Your visitors are NOT allowed to stay overnight!! The room can only have two occupants, and 2nd guests should be paid for at the time of booking.
• As for your room itself, please inform either Chip or myself right away if anything is broken or not working and we will do our best to address the issue as soon as possible!! Even if you just accidentally break a figurine. It's ok, we'll forgive you, just let us know ;) As for items like the refrigerator, or plumbing, call us right away, even if it's the middle of the night, so that we can address the issue immediately!!
• For guests on an extended stay, sheets and towels are laundered every 4-5 days IF needed. We encourage saving water & energy. There should be plenty of towels, and there is an extra set of sheets/pillow cases if needed. We don't allow guests to use our washer & dryer for personal use as they are located inside the main house. For guests staying longer than 10 days, we ask that you wash the towels and sheets with your personal laundry...unless there is an immediate need for them to be laundered i.e. a spill. There are several nice laundromats/dry cleaners located within 2 miles of the house, two are within a half mile.
• If you have any questions of any kind, please don't hesitate to ask us. But if you ask Chip, most likely he'll say "I'll have to ask Dodi".
We can't wait to meet you, our future guest(s)!!