Peaceful haven on Crystal Lake. Step off the deck into the water-a swimmer’s, paddler's, birder's paradise. Charming 2 bedroom with great location: private, shallow entry, close to town, bike path, Kent's Point, Nauset & Skaket Beaches.
Lounge lakeside from the deck, beach or living room - ceiling fan, TV w/ DVD/cable/WIFI internet. Kitchen with basics. 2 bedrooms (one with king, one with queen & single bunks) Sleeps 4-6 max & full bath in between. Lake access great for kids-shallow entry, child swing, and easy to oversee from the deck!
Large picnic table, deck awning & gas grill. Fabulous outdoor shower. Canoe & kayak available (you supply life vests). Garage storage for our water toys, (raft, noodles, tube, cooler, umbrella, one speed bike, paddles..), deck & beach furniture. All to stay on property and returned, please.
Interaction with guests
As need be via phone/mail.
Other things to note
-SHEETS & TOWELS: It is customary in New England for local guests to supply their own bed sheets, linens & towels and may be easier for some of you to do so. We realize guests traveling from far distances or for those who may not have the correct size sheets, this can be difficult. Therefore, we can supply you with house sheets and bath towels, yet YOU MUST LAUNDER, DRY AND FOLD them before leaving. We have a washer, dryer and outdoor clothesline. Please communicate with us if there is any problem at all accomplishing this, as we can help arrange for accommodation. If you prefer, the local laundromat supplies an inexpensive option-you drop off & pick up and it is all done for about $14!
- TRASH: Bags are supplied and there are 2 large barrels. The large TRASH barrel is located outside the garage door and will be picked up on Mondays. The RECYCLE barrel should remain inside the garage and will be placed outside by our cleaner for pick up on Tuesdays.
- Upon leaving, windows should be closed and all thermostats should be turned off.
- Please respect our property during your stay, and and we will happily return your deposit.
- No open flames or beach fires permitted.
- If you move furniture, please move it back to its original place.
- No pets & no smoking, please. We try to keep the Whalefish House free of allergens for our guests, and ask that you kindly do the same.
- The Lake is pristine and in order to keep it that way, we try to use bio-safe cleaners and materials in the house wherever possible. We supply biodegradable soap for the outdoor shower.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.
For 41 years, I have lived in Vermont and have had the joy and privilege of raising three sons among streams, mountains and close community. My family has had a long and special relationship with the Cape beginning by visiting my Grandma in Harwichport, and then in 1970 my parents purchased this little gem on Crystal Lake. Our sons grew up visiting grandma at her "Whalefish House" and now my grandchildren get to repeat that experience. I am a retired teacher, enjoy working and playing outdoors, and diving in this water is surely my best medicine! I am fortunate to have this retreat to come to, love sharing it with others, and look forward to hearing from you.