Response from Tracey:
Thank you for your feedback Candice. Having received so many lovely reviews over the years, I am a little taken aback by yours. If you had mentioned any of your concerns at the time perhaps we could have addressed them then and there. This is the first time I've heard any of these issues from a guest so I'll try and clarify each in turn. Sadly I suspect neither we nor our modest home were destined to find your favour in any respect after no.1 below, which earlier communication from you could have prevented.
1. You were due at 3pm from a one hour flight, and didn't inform me of any delays or respond to messages until 6pm, at which point you told me you weren't coming to check in but rather going shopping yourself. So, as you and I agreed, I finally used that time to take out my mother, who is not well, and who had been waiting since 3pm. We try to be flexible, but I'm afraid Airbnb hosts simply can't operate the same way as hotels with 24hr reception.
2. It is an averaged sized three bedroom semi-detached house. However I believe there is no shame in a small mid-terrace.
3. You added a fourth guest last minute. Whilst happy to accommodate your request, I informed you at the time that the room would be cramped for 4 people. And indeed it doesn't have its own kitchen or bathroom. This is clearly stated on my listing description.
4. We offer breakfast to all our guests, but you declined because you had brought your own special home-blended tea and home-baked bread from the UK. Your father mentioned store-bought tea gives him headaches. We had only a quarter litre of milk though, which was certainly our fault and we will be more careful in future. My mother's cancer treatment started the next week and I was a little distracted by the time we made it to the shop.
5. Again, there were four of you. Four people, not three.
6. It's quite unusual that you decided to stay up all night and write a negative review rather than ask me to turn the TV down. No other guest has ever had that problem, so there was no other way I could have known that the TV was audible from your room. Now that you have mentioned it, we've tested volume levels to ensure the comfort of future guests.
To conclude, without further procrastinating[sic], you mentioned your next stop was a private island. So perhaps renting one room for four guests in a suburban Airbnb was destined to fall short of your expectations. But for our part, we'll review our profile to make sure all is crystal clear regarding the house's size, possible resemblance to a mid-terrace, and absence of en suite kitchen/bathroom.