Our newly-renovated, 1910 Portland Basement Bungalow space is nestled in the middle of hip Southeast Portland. Your guest retreat offers plenty of space to relax and unwind after a busy day of exploring PDX!
Our family welcomes all people (nationalities, belief systems, sexual orientation(s), backgrounds, etc.), as does our neighborhood.
Street parking is free and gains you quick access to your private backyard entrance onto the property. Your private guest spaces are located in the basement floor of our home, connected to the homes' central heating and air conditioning. We can sleep up to 5 guests at a time (2 on a queen sized master bed, and 2 more on queen floor mattress, or, 1 more on queen-sized, electrically powered inflatable mattress). Your space comes furnished with cable and WIFI, a rolling space heater, a personal fridge, a 42" TV, a microwave, light snacks, coffee and coffee maker, electric hot water heater and an assortment of teas, a hair dryer, bathroom and dish soaps, a clothing iron, and a set of microwave safe dish-ware.
Creston Park, a 2 minute walk from the property, offers an outdoor swimming pool to guests staying in the summer months (between mid-June through late-August). Our backyard provides comfort and entertainment. Guests may enjoy a warm fire at our fire pit, or a walk about our garden. Our property offers both shade and sun during the summer months.
The entire 600 square feet of basement space is for guests. We only ask that you permit us to use our own laundry facilities every now and then.
Interaction with guests
We seek to honor individual guest needs for communication and are flexible. We promise to show you our favorite things about our space at check in and chat with you at least once a day, but are not intrusive. We welcome conversation as well as respect strict travel schedules while you are with us.
Other things to note
We are a small family: husband, wife, toddler, and pup. There will be times when our toddler acts like a toddler and our puppy acts like a puppy, however, guests that have stayed with us say we are so quiet that they do not know when we are home! We believe in open communication and leading with love. We are extremely respectful of guest quiet times and strive to meet our guests' needs whenever possible. Your comfort in our home, along with having a fun experience in Portland, are our priorities.
We have an indoor-only cat and indoor/outdoor shepherd puppy. Our family lives on the main floor throughout the home during your stay.
License or registration number
Learn about this number
- Smoking of any kind is prohibited on the property. Legal, safe, and responsible consumption of marijuana edibles is acceptable.
- Parties are not permitted on the premises. This includes bachelorette/bachelor parties, weddings, and family reunions. Guests must confirm intentions to have additional people visit the property (those outside of the existing reservation) with at least 24 hours prior notice of their reservation. Guests bookings must match actual number of guests that appear on the property.
- Visitors, other than guests stated in the reservation, are not permitted in the home unless communicated and okayed with hosts prior to check in. It is expected that guests check with the hosts prior to additional persons outside of the existing reservation enter the property. Likewise, other AirBNB host family members or friends within a mile radius of our property are not permitted onto the property unless communicated and okayed by hosts at least 24 hours prior to reservation.
- Guests should seek to meet city quiet hours in between 10pm until 6am.
- We encourage you to take off shoes while inside whenever possible.
- Lighters, open flames, and fires are to be lit and enjoyed only in the fire pit in the backyard while on the property.
From Dec 24 - 30, 2017 the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Dori and Dave are both public school teachers, parents to a beautiful daughter. gardeners, and lovers of nature. Year-round, our family enjoys taking walks through Creston Park, eating at local restaurants and finding the best margarita joints in town, visiting the Portland Zoo and Children's Museum, and attending seasonal farmer's markets. We love tending to our garden, basking in the warm glow of the outdoor fire pit, caring for our small flock of hens, and gathering eggs for delicious breakfasts. During the summer, we love to camp, hike the trails, or visit the Pacific Ocean. We feel lucky to live in the Pacific Northwest.