About this listing
The Alley House is a fully private space with a cozy urban cabin feel in the heart of Leslieville, in Toronto's East end. Full of character, this rustic-modern space is a stone's throw from cafés, restaurants, pubs, and boutique shops, with easy access to the streetcar and downtown core.
The Alley House is a truly unique and spacious two-storey building in our backyard. The building has been transformed from a garage to a music and art studio, now into a cozy living space that features a large, bright bedroom, fully functional kitchen, bathroom with walk-in shower, and in-suite laundry facilities. It's a great place for short getaways, as well as being ideal for long term stays.
- Completely private, separate building with keyed entry
- Queen pillow-top bed with fresh linens included
- Private 3-piece bathroom with towels included
- Fully functional kitchen
- TV area with Netflix
- Large L-couch (possible beds for third and fourth guests) and flat screen TV
- Work space
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Unlimited internet access
- Climate control (gas furnace and AC)
- Free street parking available
Interaction with guests
The Alley House is located on the same property as our primary residence. It is a completely separate building, so privacy isn't a problem. We're happy to offer our recommendations for places to eat and things to see and do. We're also happy to leave you alone to do your thing.
Other things to note
We are a young professional couple who have traveled all over the world. We live with our two beautiful sons, and our ol' shaggy dog named Bodhi. Let us know if you have any special requests and we'll do our best to accommodate. Looking forward to hosting you!
Above all else we hope you come to stay, relax and enjoy! To keep everyone happy we also ask you to kindly respect the following:
1. Check In is at 3pm (unless otherwise arranged)
2. Check Out is at 11am (unless otherwise arranged)
3. No smoking.
4. No illegal activities (including drug and Internet activities).
5. Maximum occupancy 4 guests (unless otherwise arranged).
6. Registered guests only (no randoms).
7. No parties.
8. Quiet hours start at 10pm.
9. Please lock the door behind you and return the key to the lock box when you check out.
10. Please respect our space by cleaning all of your dishes and leaving the unit as you found it.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
I am a visual art teacher, and lover of getting outside. Geoff is an architect, and probably one of the calmest people you'll ever meet. We have two little guys, three years, and five months, who keep our hands and hearts full all the time! Our ol' pooch, Bodhi, is a relaxed and loving guy.
We love going on adventures, making things with our hands and imaginations and slowing down when ever we can. Travel has changed for us in recent years, but when we can we enjoy spending longer stretches in one place to get into the life and landscape more deeply.
When we are home we enjoy working to improve the place, trying always to strike the balance between liveability and look.