This newly remodeled loft sits on the top floor of a rehabbed masonic temple located in the Madison Street Shopping/Dining District w/ first class dining at eateries and pubs and within minutes of downtown Chicago and the United Center.
Crowned "The best in neighborhood dining" according to a 2008 Chicago Tribune readers poll, the variety of Forest Park restaurants offer something for everyone.
The unit is a charming two bedroom, two bath loft a stone’s throw from historic Oak Park and just three blocks from the CTA Blue Line making downtown Chicago a 20 minute train ride away.
The condo includes additional amenities such as:
- Elevator in building
•Secure front and back entrances.
•One assigned parking spot in the back of the building.
•Full kitchen with stainless steel appliances (stove, dishwasher, refrigerator), cookware, and dinnerware.
•Two full bathrooms. The master bathroom includes a Jacuzzi tub.
•Two full bedrooms. Both have queen sized beds.
•Smart TV with cable access and access to Netflix.
•Central Air conditioning
•Balcony with a view of downtown Chicago's skyline
•Washer and dryer in unit.
Just to the east lies historic Oak Park, which offers an array of attractions such as:
•Chicago Architecture Foundation
•Ernest Hemmingway Museum and Birthplace
•Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio
•Frank Llyod Wright’s Unity Temple
•Oak Park Conservatory
After soaking up some attractions in Oak Park, Chicago is only a short twenty minute train ride away, and it offers such noteworthy experiences as:
•Architecture River Cruise
•The Field Museum
•John Hancock Observatory
•Art Institute of Chicago
•The Museum of Science and Industry
The loft and both doors to our building have key-less entry pads. We will email you your personal entry code along with check in instructions a couple days before your arrival. Each guest is given their own personal code. Codes are programmed the day of check in and deleted shortly after check out.
Interaction with guests
We are as available as you need.
Other things to note
The third bed is a queen sleeper sofa.
There is a strict no smoking policy in our building. You can not smoke on the balcony - it will result in a $500 fine.
The neighborhood is vibrant in the summer and sound can travel into the unit.
House Rules :
1. NO SMOKING in the apartment OR on the balcony. The condo association will fine you $500.
2. Please treat the loft and our building with respect. For a number of people in the building, this is their primary residence so please be cognizant of this.
3. Absolutely NO parties. Our neighbors were very nice to let us rent our apartment through airbnb, but the one caveat is that we would not be renting our apartment out for any parties.
4. Please do not leave the remote controls on the top of the cable box (silver box under TV). It causes the box to overheat and as a result, it will not work correctly. If the box stops working, you will need to unplug everything, wait a minute, plug it all back in, and make sure the input is on correct setting.
5. Please do not leave to-go boxes or leftovers in the refrigerator.
My husband and I bought the Loft November of 2011, and ever since we turned the key it has been a labor of love. Self described property and construction enthusiasts, we remodeled everything ourselves, except for a few key pieces, which warranted a strict learning curve. The Monroe house is our next project, a two flat, and we hope to enjoy hosting there as much as we have at the Loft!