A classic looking 1920's stone carriage house apartment in a prime location in center of historic downtown Flagstaff, with free off-street parking. You'll be within just a few minutes walking distance to dozens of shops, restaurants, nightlife, and public transportation. It's warm, cozy, secluded, accessible - you’ll love my place because of the ambiance, the location, and the lighted enclosed exterior and fire-pit stone terrace. This is a perfect place for all types of travelers and activities.
This malapai stone house is a perfect mix of classic and modern, with warm wood interiors and modern updates, including hydronically heated wood floors and a freshly remodeled bathroom. The kitchen is original with a few aesthetic improvements, and the queen bed is new and comfortable. The extra bed is a premium quality full or queen size Serta air mattress (depending on the number of people) set up in the living room. In addition, the entire house is on a charcoal filtration water system. Please Note: The exterior is seasonally landscaped with summer flowers, plants, trees, grass, and vines, and they all lose their foliage during winter months. Yes, some guests have asked why the landscape color is gone in the winter time ... :)
My property is enclosed by a lighted stone column and cedar wall, and includes a large off-street parking area. Please park as close to the house as you'd like to! You have full access to your apartment and the outside space when the weather permits. You also have access to the laundry upon request, just let me know.
Interaction with guests
I live in the other side of the house and we'll have a common entrance, so I'm sure I'll see you coming and going from time to time. I'm fairly social, but I will give you space if you need it, or engage with you if you prefer contact. Please feel free to contact me anytime if you need help, or advice, or just want to chat.
Other things to note
The entrance leads through two exterior doors, and then to a stairway that takes you to your apartment (which is to the left at the top of the stairs). Please take off your shoes at the bench at the base of the stairs. There's also a bench in the entrance way to take of muddy or snow covered boots if the weather is bad. You'll often see my boots there in the winter time.
- Please text me 30 minutes before you arrive so I can make sure to greet you and introduce you to the space.
- No shoes in the house please. If you have house slippers, or something close, please bring them.
- There are two places in the entrance to remove shoes. Please feel free to use the more comfortable space by the inside stairway :)
- It's OK to have a few guests over, but please let me know before hand, and let your guests know of the house rules. And please, no big parties without asking permission ahead of time :)
- Please, no smoking of any kind on the premises.
- If you need the second bed set up, please let me know ahead of time. Please do not try to set it up on your own. And, please don't use the couch for a bed.
- Quiet hours are between 22:00 and 8:00.
- The house is heated hydronically through the wood floors so please ask before adjusting the thermostat.
- Please use the coasters for your glasses on all of the furniture.
- The sham pillows are only for display. Please remove them from the bed as you get into bed to sleep.
- I accept children, but the space may or may not meet your needs, so please contact me before hand if you have children with you. Thanks :)
- Before you leave, please strip the bedding and leave it on the beds, clean up the kitchen area, and leave any used towels on the edge of the tub.
- This is my home, as well as a guest space. There are many family memories and heirlooms, so please be kind :)
- INDEMNIFICATION: Guest and Guest’s Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless Owner against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss.
- By booking, you are agreeing to the House Rules
- Have fun!